1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
3 years of hard use,
This review is from: Creative Zen Micro 5GB - Black (Electronics)
So, I bought mine when it was released for £150 odd, and it served me well. Mine was used for 1-5 hours per day, every day. It finally gave up the ghost over the weekend. I do really miss it :( my N95 just doesn't deliver on the music front.
OK, bullet points as always.
* Solid construction. Mine was dropped, thrown and took the general knocks of ever day use without complaint.
* Touch pad is excellent. Very easy to use.
* Menu system is very simple.
* Sound quality is good. I made my own presets as the ones provided were lacking. Bass is ok. A decent set of headphones is required.
* Screen is lacking compared to the colour screens mp3 players have these days, but it's easy to read and gets the job done well. The blue backlit is a very handy thing.
* Storage space is pretty good.
* Compact size. Little chunky comapared to newer players maybe, but this thing was release back in 2004-2005. It was small for it's time.
* The battery is poor. 4-6 hours max if you have it blasting as I do/did.
* My battery gave up quite a while ago. It rarely held a charge for more then an hour or two. This is to be expected after heavy usage though. Basically a replacement battery will be needed after a year or so. Pretty cheap though, Amazon has them for £8.
* Radio is pretty poor. Who uses this anyway??
I highly recommended this mp3 player. I might even buy another myself.