5.0 out of 5 stars Try and kill it !, 8 Aug 2011
This review is from: Aurora AS610C 6 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder with Waste Bin (Office Product)
Try and kill it, I have put this shredder to the ultimate of tests, with the sole intention of breaking it as it was chosen by my wife and my opinion was not required. In the past if I chose something without asking her advice it usually gets broke and I get the blame. So I decided to clear out my office, three bin bags of mainly A4 paper were shredded in 50 minutes, no overheating even with continuous use only stopping for a few seconds to keep emptying the bin. After a 10 min break I then spent two and a half hours shredding newspaper, as I said my intention was to break it. I only stopped as there was nothing left to shred. We have now had this shredder for a month and it gets used every day, we are more than just casual users and it takes every thing we can throw at it. I have used many different shredders over the years and this is definately the best I have had, it looks good, it is very sturdy and amazingly quiet, there is no problem with the size of the waste bin all you need to do if you are doing loads at one time is to have a couple of bin bags next to you. I would recommend this shredder to anyone and if I do eventually get my wish to see it die I will buy another one.

Update. April 2012

Just had to order another one as I finally killed it. It can't shred canvas photos the threads in the canvas wrap around the blades, it certainly didn't go down without a fight there were three A4 sheets wrapped around the blade before it cut out. I had been using it continuously for an hour before I put the photos in it, this was the first time the overheating cutout actually cutout. I have told many people about this shredder and the ones that have bought one have all said the same as me, they are great.

I noticed that some people like a little window in the bin to see when its full, I can only suggest that this is a massive design oversight but can easily be fixed by cutting a hole in the side and selotaping cling film over the hole. (Making sure a responsible adult uses anything sharp in this process).

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Feb 2012 02:20:27 GMT
One World says:
How can you tell if the basket is full without removing the lid? Doesn't say in the description. My old Rymans shredder has a mesh basket and the shredded contents were clearly visible.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 05:37:27 BDT
Rob. C. says:
Have you looked in the vacuum cleaner section? The mesh baskets must be in there with all the other mess making products available!

Posted on 1 Jul 2012 10:15:25 BDT
You sir, are a radge. I salute you in your attempt to destroy this cheap shredder and thus gain a one-up in your domestic struggles. If only more reviewers on Amazon were as dedicated to their reviews as you are. Awesome stuff.

Posted on 12 Aug 2012 11:27:05 BDT
Maxine Smith says:
This is probably the best review on an item I have ever read. Had my husband and I in stitches and if hubby cannot fix our current shredder (20 shredder packed up after 5yrs of pretty hard use), we will definitely be buying one of these. P.S. interested to have the list of other useful things your wife has bought that you would begrudgingly recommend :). Brilliant review!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2012 22:43:54 BDT
Rob. C. says:
The latest one was the blasted lawn raker. Still trying to get turds out of my jeans!!!!

Posted on 23 Aug 2012 13:50:10 BDT
G. Stebbings says:
Rob C re Aurora AS610C 6 Sheet cross-cut shredder - you should write a book..you'd have me hooked for hours!!

Posted on 15 Oct 2012 19:40:13 BDT
Linzo says:
HAHA Rob C, you are class and your review is a classic! I agree with Maxine Smith, the best review I have read in my entire life! Your review has sold it to me, just going to order this now. p.s. I hope you got the turds out of your jeans eventually!!!

Posted on 31 Oct 2012 13:43:22 GMT
The Boss says:
What a brilliant review, had me in stitches!!!! Just ordered myself the same shredder on your recommendation, thank you!!

Posted on 4 Dec 2012 10:12:18 GMT
Katie Dev says:
Hey Rob, I hope you get commission from amazon for selling this thing so well!! :-) I also do love you use and abuse strategy. I wanted to get one underneath the tree, as my gadget man needs something to play with. But you tempted me now and if I really get one I might try to break it instead once he gets it :-)) Let us know if you found something gadgetie in the meantime!

Posted on 29 Dec 2012 14:47:07 GMT
D. Essex says:
What a fantastically funny review. My husband and I were also in stitches it was so funny. Well I am definitely buying this shredder on the strength of your review. Are you a comedian? What else have you reviewed, I could do with a giggle? Happy New Year to you.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (1,209 customer reviews)

80.44 30.44