4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but make sure you manage your expectations with digital note taking, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Adonit Jot Script Evernote Edition Fine Point Stylus for iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini (Personal Computers)
My role at work involves quite a lot of note taking and different jobs require different book so I wanted to try digital method to store this information. I did a bit of research and this stylus came well recommended. Off course the stylus is only half of the equation, you also need a decent note taking application to get the best results. I used notesplus on my ipad air and I have used this stylus quite extensively over the last month, on the train, at a desk, whilst standing or when I needed to jot something down in a hurry. I was very pleased with the results. You need to first accept that a stylus is not a pen and that you need to adapt your approach. Also you need to make sure that you are using the software for the purposes it was designed, it sounds obvious but make sure that you're using the software correctly, and that it's calibrated for your grip and hand.

With this stylus I found the clack is made as the tip touched the screen very bearable with no issues there. I turned it off and on regularly and it activated very easily with no problems. I found the writing to be very responsive and I write about 40 pages over twenty working days. I set my pages to A4 so that I could print them easily, but that is nothing to do with the stylus.

I liked the feel of the weight in my hand and it did mimic a pen very well. I found it very pleasing to hold and use. The nib was nice and it moved across the screen very well.

I would definately recommend it, but there are a few issues:

Mine developed a crack in the plastic around the nib. I am attributing this to a one-off defect and intend to replace it.
The battery life is quite weak and I found that during extensive use it can require regular changes. You need to use lithium batteries and I'd recommend rechargable ones.
There is not clip or method of storage and so I found rolling around loose in my jacket pocket where it was fall horizontally to the bottom and be a pain to retrieve.
When the battery gets low it seems to intermittently stop working so there are gaps when you write. A bit annoying but it does seem to rectify itself after a few seconds and if you erase and repeat you should get the results you're after.

I intend to get a case or something for my next one, but I would recommend getting a decent powerful notetaking application and learn how to use to before critising the stylus.

Anyway, these are my observations. I think it's a really nice stylus and I intend to stick with it for the foreseeable future. It comes with it's own pros and cons to physical notetaking and it's down to your own personal preference if it is a worthy replacement to the humble bic biro. I think it is, but it can be an expensive experiment.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]