1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Fantastic for extending signal,
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Edimax EW-7416APN Wireless Access Point/Range Extender with 2T2R MIMO Technology (Electronics)The modem and router are outside the house in a study and before the signal would only extend as far as the 2 closest rooms. This meant a total black spot upstairs and most of the other rooms. After installing this repeater (which did take two attempts) we now have 5 bars everywhere in the house. This now means that we effectively have 2 networks one for 'close' rooms and one for the rest of the house. The download 'speed' on the close room networks is faster than the repeater network although this ' really lead to any problems as we can just download and transfer on a laptop.
* WORKS WITH VIRGIN 'D-LINK' ROUTER *
Installation wise -
1) Type in the IP address of the router on to a browser (you can also find this under network settings) and made a note of the Ip address, Subnet mask and Default Gateway (to have handy)
2)Find the place where you wanted to install the repeater (this must have a good signal strength)
3) Go on to the Edimax website and found the repeater which is under wireless series
4) Connect the repeater to a laptop via ethernet cable
5)Download the wizard (Edimax website) and went through the different settings checking that where it gave you the IP of the repeater it wasn't the same as the main router
6) Name the 'new' network and gave it the encryption (wpa2) recommended and the clicked finish
7) It then finalised and I disconnected it from the laptop
8) Go on to other computers and get them to connect to the right network
This worked for me and should for you.- It only arrived yesterday so I can't comment on the reliability yet but so far so good.
Don't worry too much about setting it up just the follow the wizard and ignore the instructions it comes with!!!