5.0 out of 5 stars In response to the breaking down comment, 26 Aug. 2008
This review is from: BT 100 Digital Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I thought this had happened to me then I discovered that (at least in my case) it is a feature. There is a mode where the unit can be set to only turn the speaker on when the sound goes above a preset level. In order to set this level. Press the button bottom left with the picture of an ear on it. Then quickly use the volume buttons to set a level. All the way up turns the "feature" off. It is very easy to accidentally turn this feature on!
Andy

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Oct 2008 10:36:21 BDT
Nick says:
I have had two of these monitors and both had an intermittent fault of the sound being muted. This was definitely not related to the mute feature, nor to the threshold feature. With sensitivity set to maximum (which means that all sounds should be relayed regardless of how quiet) and the mute feature off, the monitor produced no sound at all about one time in ten that the machine was switched on. Turning it off and then on again (without changing any settings) would fix the problem. Unfortunately we'd only do this after hearing the baby yelling its head off while the monitor was not working. This is clearly a software issue. (I design electronic products like this for a living so I'm not in any doubt about this). It may not affect all examples, as the software may be modified with time. But if you get one with the same version of the software I got (twice) you'll have a product that's not fit for use. Shame - it's a great product otherwise. I hope they fix it. I bought a Philips instead - more expensive, fewer features, not rechargeable, but also not buggy.

Posted on 19 Nov 2008 13:06:28 GMT
L. King says:
Thanks for this comment - this seems to have been the problem for us. Perhaps I should have read the instructions!

Posted on 20 Aug 2009 10:12:39 BDT
C. L. Hand says:
Brill - I was about to buy a new monitor when I saw your comment. Definitely fixed our problem!

Posted on 27 Jan 2010 12:45:33 GMT
I would also like to say thanks for your comment as this was the problem with our monitor too. I was also about to buy another one! Problem solved with your information.

Posted on 12 Apr 2010 22:40:58 BDT
H. Draper says:
Thanks for this - Stupidly I hadn't read the manual and so didn't realise this was a feature!

I was just about to consign the monitor to the bin thinking it had developed a fault, but actually fiddling with the settings seems to have worked for us too. We will be extra vigilant for the next few days to check there is no further problem.

Posted on 30 Jul 2010 16:10:12 BDT
Kate Wood says:
oops. Just been out a bought a new monitor thinking that my BT had broke, as the speaker seemed to be working one minute and then would cut out the next. It would appear my MIL who was staying recently accidentally tinkered with the "ear" button...this siad, I have now reboxed the Tomy one we just bought and got the BT one back out, as the sound quality is a lot better! Wish I had have read your review first- it would have saved me £50 :-(

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2011 21:26:58 GMT
kellylouj says:
Thanks this also sorted out the problem for us too!

Posted on 26 May 2011 08:29:02 BDT
The Chans says:
Us too! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this - saved us at least £50 too!

Posted on 6 Jun 2011 22:19:48 BDT
K. Sutton says:
Gosh where would we be without such helpful reviewers?? Thank you for your comments. Just goes to show that reading the instructions can pay off!! Or in my case googling the problem and finding a very helpful answer. Thanks again.

Posted on 8 Jun 2011 17:19:47 BDT
Stefano says:
Like most of the other people that have posted comments, you saved me the hassle of phoning BT or buying a new unit. Good man...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.4 out of 5 stars (73 customer reviews)

Out of stock