6 of 8 people found the following review helpful
I'm sure it's wonderful but mine's clearly badly faulty,
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S5 SIM-Free Smartphone - Blue (Wireless Phone)
Hmmm, where to begin?! It's a beautiful looking handset but that's where the luuuurrrve finishes for me I'm afraid and I will explain why.
1. Constantly dropping Wi-Fi signal despite other devices working fine in my house. Have tried resetting phone (NOT restoring from backup) and checking all settings, taking battery out, SIM card out, restarting – no joy.
2. Handset getting very hot after short phone calls and giving me ear/headache and the feeling of electric shock!
3. Most alarming, when speaking on the phone, when person on the other end speaks, you get a loud ‘sparking’ kind of sound and it feels as though the handset is producing little electric pulses/shocks if you put your hand near the speaker. This cannot be right and perhaps explains the reason for the handset getting so hot!
4. Mine was only the 16gb version but of course you can increase the memory easily with a micro SD card
I should point out that I did check for software/firmware updates and that was all already in place. Therefore, I really consider this handset to be faulty and, more importantly, dangerous to its user! I may have just been unlucky but have read similar stories on the web - and I hasten to add, this was not bought from the folk at Amazon but on a contract so I am, thankfully, able to return it for another phone! I'm sure without these problems it's a fantastic phone - the positives are:-
1. Fingerprint reader - works well when you get used to it
2. Water/dust resistant
3. Stunning vivid colours
4. Light and comfortable to hold in the hand
5. Camera seems to work well though it was not really bought for this purpose so haven't put it through its paces
I wouldn't NOT recommend this phone, I think/hope I've just been unlucky.