4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
Great Continuation of the Call of Duty Franchise,
This review is from: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I bought this solely on the strength of Call of Duty 1 which I played on the Mac and decided to buy this on the 360 because of recommendations. I was a little worried that the feeling of the Call of Duty (the idea of not fighting alone, of being part of a battle and great multiplayer) would be lost in a modern warfare enviroment. It turns out that I was wrong.
- The single player campaign is amazing, exciting and occassionally shocking. I like that completing it unlocks multiplayer content - clever. The missions are well realised and some are just awesome (the sniper mission to be exact)
- Multiplayer is just brilliant, with a rank system and reward system that keeps you coming back for more. Good players get rewarded and camping is hard. All game modes are fun and I play COD4 multiplayer more than any other game. Xbox live is still one of the best online services on any system - IMO.
- Graphics and game design are top notch and even multiplayer is pretty to look at. Some of the environments are almost hyper-real and firefights really do feel frenetic - especially with 5.1.
- Single player is way too short. I am, at best, an average player and I completed it in a couple of days. That sucks.
- No vehicles. I personally find vehicles in multiplayer annoying, but I can see that they can be fun.
- No peaking around corner or blind-firing. Most tactical shooters have these as an options and even COD1 and 2 had the ability to peak around corners. Come on Infinity Ward, keep up!
Overall, I love this game. But the single player is way too short and there are some little omissions from MP that could have made it great.