3.0 out of 5 stars It's a Wii U Game! And it's a real laugh!, 29 Mar. 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO City Undercover - Limited Edition with Chase McCain Minifigure (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
Well I've never been a fan of LEGO games until this Wii U Exclusive came along, and after playing this I may look into purchasing the others.

THE GOOD:

I've always been a massive fan of free roam games such as GTA, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry, anything really with a massive open world. And the world is huge with loads to do/collect. I love this game because you can take your time with it, it doesn't rush you into things. The graphics are a treat for a LEGO game, the best of all of them I would say that's out there in this genre. And the gameplay is similar if you're used to the others. Which is good. The game also works well with the Wii U Gamepad, such as video calls, scanning things in the map to find clues, and also you can set waypoints buy clicking anywhere on the map which is displayed on the Gamepad. One of the best things about this game for me so far is the humour and voice acting, it's a real proper laugh, so cheesy that you'll just love it. Overall so far it's great fun - I still have loads to do as I only got the game yesterday, but I thought I would write a little review as it's a Wii U game, and there's not many out there!

THE BAD:

Only play as 1 character throughout the entire game, there is no multiplayer, loading times are exceedingly annoying! and this is the reason I am giving the game 3 stars - some loading screens last longer than a minute! More could be done with the Wii U Gamepad.

LAST WORDS:

Although who's not to say they won't fix these problems in a patch update, which I'm sure they will. They even might add an option for multiplayer in the future as I think it would work a treat in this massive map. This is a Wii U Game and as I said before there's not many out there, and It's one I would say you MUST purchase. Real good fun.

Hope this helps a little, any questions please comment! :-))

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Apr 2013 02:37:43 BDT
"More could be done with the Wii U Gamepad", what exactly do you have in mind? I thought everything possible was done with it, scanning for clues and unlockables/collectibles and buying unlocked characters and vehicles and checklists of what was left to do in each district.

Everything was done with the gamepad that was possible, IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2013 08:22:40 BDT
Arran Moyes says:
I thought off screen play would of been good for this game, all of the tasks the game gets you to do with the GamePad are pretty half arsed. There could of been more done with it for sure!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2013 10:20:06 BDT
J. Ford says:
I'm not that far into the game at the moment, but I also think more could have been done with the GamePad. Perhaps some puzzles to solve that involve whipping out the stylus or dare I say, some mini-games (don't lynch me!).

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2013 15:25:28 BDT
Arran Moyes says:
Agree with you there Ford! Don't get me wrong though, it's a great game! I've had and still having hours of fun with it:))

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2013 15:46:27 BDT
Mini-games, for me, would ruin the flow of the game and would be a distraction. I'm happy with the GamePad features as they are.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2013 08:21:23 BDT
Arran Moyes says:
Just open you're mind more, there's always more that could be done. I'm sure you realise this now that it's been out for a few weeks.

Posted on 28 Apr 2013 13:59:05 BDT
Nik Davies says:
I think the off-screen idea is good and could've easily been done.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2013 17:59:06 BDT
yorkrose26 says:
I agree with you that for an early(ish) wii u game the pad has been used to max innovation (IMHO).

Posted on 15 Aug 2013 18:32:29 BDT
Peter Piper says:
Thanks for the heads-up on the loading times.

Posted on 29 Oct 2013 18:39:15 GMT
John Roberts says:
Thanks for this review! I'm looking for some games to get for the Wii U and this sounds like my kind of title. However the loading times thing does seem offputting - as someone who has played Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex on 2 of 3 platforms (with its abominable load times), I empathise with you. I'll give this title a shot but I think the load times may shadow my experiences come review day.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›