16 of 20 people found the following review helpful
The last Garmin I will buy - because it's great!,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner 910XT GPS Multisport Watch with Heart Rate Monitor (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Finally, I have one device that works for all my training needs. The display is great, the buttons work well and it can take all my workouts and stuff. So a big improvement over my 610. My biggest selling points are:
1) Big easy readable display
2) 4 different numbers visible if I want to have it
3) Long battery lifetime
4) Looks decent
It has been a couple of months since I have started to use the 910XT now and I would like to update a little more detail to my experiences. I have not found any flaws that are worth mentioning, so I will leave them out. But I have found a couple more points that have made my training much more efficient and easier.
5) The issues with the swinging speed have been partially resolved by the latest updates to the firmware. It's still not perfect but given that I run through a city and between mountains, I'm surprised that it manages to have reception at all. The watch is now so sensitive, I can start the navigation in the house (we live) on the top floor and am ready to go as soon as I get out of the door.
6) The ability to create training courses on the watch is great. How often have I wanted to modify my workout but couldn't do it directly. That's all over now, it is not as fast as doing it on a computer, but still good enough to be feasible. Excellent feature!
7) I have yet to manage getting the battery to empty in a single day. That's really great and a fantastic improvement over some other Garmins I had.
I can't close this with a note, that I'm still tempted to go and buy the new Polar GPS integrated watch, not because I think it will be any better than the Garmin but it is a watch and actually wearable. That's about the only negative thing I can say about the Garmin 910XT.