ARRAY(0xafaa0d50)

5.0 out of 5 stars New to Astronomy - Stargazing & Planet Spotting!, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: Celestron Upclose G2 Porro Bino 10X50 Box (Electronics)
After debating on buying an Astronomy Telescope for weeks, someone advised me to buy a pair of binoculars to try out just in case my new found interest didn't last long. I chose Celestron Upclose G2 Porro Bino 10X50 because they are the largest powered binoculars I could buy WITHOUT having to use a tripod - but they also gave me the option to use a tripod (with an adapter, not included) if I wanted to. You still get "camera-shake" but I'm sure there is a way around holding the binoculars to help minimise it - with practise.
I have found many constellations already and I managed to find Jupiter too! The images I saw were so good; even from my back garden and with light pollution I was amazed with the results. It was loads of fun!!
I've also used the binoculars for general bird watching / sightseeing and these are genuinely brilliant. The results are so crisp and clear and the optics is excellent.
These Binoculars are light-weight compared to some binoculars I looked at. I will definately pop them in my bag this summer when I go to a festival. I will also find use with them when I go hiking with my Nikon DSLR Camera and photograph landscapes.
This item well and truly deserves 5 stars! The only thing I can fault is the neck strap is poorly made and hurts your neck after a while but are cheap enough to upgrade (I have already). For this price of binoculars, you can't complain too much! And the neck strap won't affect your end results which is why it doesn't dent my review.
I would highly recommend this item if you were going to use them for bird watching, sight-seeing, sports events or concerts. For Astronomy I would place these binoculars somewhere between 'good' and 'great'! Stargazing is GREAT! Planet-spotting (PLANET...not PLANE) is good even though they look like bigger, brighter stars. Just don't expect to see Jupiters Moons or Saturns Rings! If you're using these as a beginner to Astronomy then there is definitely room to upgrade if your hobby persists. But for now, these will do me just fine!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]