5.0 out of 5 stars iteddy - I believe, 12 Sep 2008
This review is from: iTeddy (Toy)
Our son kept on about this 'iteddy' after seeing it advertised on TV (yes those adds really must work on small children, or just us parent's!) as we went out and purchased the said iteddy. We tried different combinations, go kart, another bike, etc but no iteddy got the vote. The only reason I was a little bit concerned was that I had heard of many of these bears being sent back as faulty, the games not working or the bear not shutting up. Thankfully though this seems alright.

It is great, it certainly kept our six year old boy happy for a good few hours after charging the bear. He actually played with it before hand and just wanted to carry it about and try to guess how it would work.

The games, before you even get to have to go the website for more stuff etc. are great even we have had a go at the 'snake game'.

The only annoying thing is the sound (song that the bear sings) believe me after hearing it ten times or more you will end up singing it yourself 'iteddy come sing with .... and so forth, it is quite catchy but not one for the charts I think!.

Grreat for putting a child to bed with as they can fall asleep safely without any danger of the toy hurting them, even can encourage a late stayer up to go to bed slightly earlier (well it worked with our son).

Downside is the price expensive, and hard to locate as Argos seems to have it all tied up, apart from good old Amazon, 'bear to the rescue'.

A great cuddly, but with advantages, it is a MP3 player a game player and a companion for your child at nightime, so great to take away on holiday, even you might get to like the sound of it.

Will add more info after being on website for more stuff to put onto it and let you know how it is working after a few months or so.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Oct 2008 16:48:13 BDT
Thanks for your helpful reviews - my daughter is 7 and a half and is asking for one for Christmas - is she too old for it? All of the adverts/photos seem to show younger children playing with it.
Any help gratefully received - thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Oct 2008 12:02:35 BDT
Alessi Lover says:
I wouldn't say she is, as every child is different our son was bought his for his seventh birthday, his dad thought he was a little old for a teddy and that it might be a bit babyish, but you have to be able to use it properly in order to play with it.
Especially when setting it up an adult is needed I don't think a younger child on its own would be able to do it or when it is connected to the computer. At least you can concentrate on driving in the car whilst your daughter can play unaided with the Iteddy in the back seat, no more 'help I cann't, I donn't know which button to press'

I think you are right about the pictures as it does show younger children with it (a bit off putting I agree)

Also you can get the holder wrist strap thing to hold it (the Mp bit) at Argos and the likes, and little girls still play with dolls until they are older anyway, plus if you feel embarassed (my husband did, must be a man boy thing) she can use the Mp player bit outside away from home and put it back in at home.

Don't forget though that all kids whatever age like teddy's (well most I know anyway)

Hope I have been of some help, by the way Argos sell pink and white ones it does say that they cann't guarantee the colour you want when ordering if you choose the pink or white but if you put in the code no. at the shop before you pay it will tell you then.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 14:44:11 BDT
Alessi Lover says:
Amazon are doing the Iteddy a lot cheaper than Argos, they just do the brown one, but the ones at Argos are £59.99 compared to £40 something (cann't remember exact figure), plus you also get free delivery from Amazon (a bonus I think then the children cann't get to see any surprises when you go out to do the Christmas/birthday shopping).

There used to be a link for a discount off the Iteddy at Argos but it doesn't work (out of date, did try it myself) as it was for £20.00 off the price. If you type in Iteddy on google no doubt you will come across it. I know I got my hopes up as it made it half price then.

Toysrus don't stock them nor Woolworth's, Google shows up as the Entertainer having them, but they don't, as I put in my review Argos seem to have the Iteddy stitched up.

Also if you search the web you will find that many people have complained about faulty bears, (these appear to have some problems with the working at the very start). The faulty batches must have all gone by now. Just remember to buy one from a place you can send it back to and get a refund or replaced item (ebay are selling some) but not 100% sure how you would go about sorting out a faulty bear.

Thankfully Hugo's Iteddy works fine, funnily enough he had to bring it into our bed last night for a story.

Posted on 3 Nov 2008 22:00:48 GMT
A. says:
Thanks for your useful review. I'm thinking of buying one for my daughter but have read that the screen size is 1.8" which seems small to me. Is this correct and if so are the TV programmes and games ok to view on such a small screen? I'd appreciate your comments - thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Nov 2008 14:46:42 GMT
Hi,

The screen size is about that, but the clearness of the screen is really good. The games that come as standard the brick one for example is really easy to see and play. When you think of the DS and all the different games that can be played on that, alright the screen is a little bigger but not vastly huge and adults and children alike seem to have no problems with them. No where near the size of those dratted Tamagotchas (sorry but cann't think of the exact spelling) but you will no doubt know what I mean now they really are tiny. Also children seem to play on smaller screen items for example mobile phone games and they never complain, well only when you take it from them.

Well judging from our son's experience with his bear I would say that he has had no problems with the screen size and all he has watched or played on has been fine.

Hope that is of some help!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

2.8 out of 5 stars (25 customer reviews)

Out of stock