5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV i have ever had, 2 July 2011
This review is from: Sony KDL26EX320BU 26-inch Widescreen HD Ready Edge LED Internet TV with Freeview (Electronics)
I have had many TV's in the past, I have one of the first Plasma's, one of the first LCD's and have 2 further LG LCD's with combined Freeview and now have this 26" LED television from Sony.

I recently purchased from Amazon an Western Digital WD Live box so i could use iPlayer and stream moving from my Network Attached Storage ahich cost £70. I never got around to using this box as i purchased this TV which has the capability straight out the box.

The Setup is very simple, I have to disagree with the other review. Wireless works really well but that will depend on conditions like quality of your wirless router and location. Mine is under the stairs and the TV is in the bedrooom. I have taken many of my sons DVD's and encoded to MPEG4 which play fautlessly. The TV had youtube and iplayer plus many others and these work great too. I have had the TV for 2 weeks now and cant say i have any issue. Sometimes streaming videos the connection is lost but then it is wireless so no different to when doing the same from a laptop.

The Sound, people say LED TV is rubbish, i would again disagree. I was pleasantly suprised by the quality of the sound. Ok, its not as good as my Panasonic Viera Plasma or my LG LCD but what do you expect with a tv that is only a few centimetres thick. I purchased a £25 2.1 subwoofer speaker set and this really enhances this for movies. The good thing about this is you can plug in this set but not have to use all the time as you can configure the TV to use both the 3.5mm jack and the TV speaker which you could not do with my LCD sets - it had to be one of thte other.

So in summary this tv is perfect for the bedroom, fo your main living area i would suggest an external speaker system. Sony are constantly updating the firmware and adding new features so thats good. I plan to convert my complete DVD collection now to MPEG4 store on my network attached storage. The TV also plays file direct from USB drive and again this works great. The viewing angle is brilliant unlike my LG where when you lay on the bed the screen went darker.

The only disapoinment from what i can see so far is that there is no ITV/Channel 4 Net player and the web browser does not support some Web page media frames so basically the boxes do not play. I am so happy with this i now plan to purchase a second to replace my LG LCD.

[Add comment]