5.0 out of 5 stars WOW THEY WORK !, 3 Sep 2009
This review is from: NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses (Accessory)
'Wow ! They work !'

That was my initial 'shock' response as the drivers finished installing and I was treated to a fully 3D ,out of the screen, Nvidia Logo; spinning around in front of my eyes !
This piece of kit is totally amazing and I have spent hours playing with games that have gathered dust for eons on my shelf to see them in glorious 3D.
RTS games look the business, as you stare at little 3D toy soldiers running around in front of your screen!
Left 4 Dead is already a top game BUT try it in FREAKIN' 3D and you can never go back to 2D again. I can only assume I am the first reviewer for these glasses as all the other owners haven't been able to unplug themselves from their 3D games machines for a single second. Everyone I have demonstrated these to have had the same JAW-DROP response as I did. 'WOW'.
Yes, the initial outlay is expensive. But my advice is, if you are in the market for a new screen, buy the 120hz models that are now out and get some of these truly amazing glasses too. you won't regret it - NO WAY!!! There is no point in me trying to describe the 3D effect you have to see it for yourself. JUST BUY THEM BUY THEM BUY THEM!!!!
*They will also work with old 120hz compatible CRT screens, so maybe hang onto that 22" behemoth you were going to chuck out after all?!...*

Since I posted this nVidia seem to have taken the option to use a CRT away in the latest driver update, shame, they have closed the door to cheap 3D gaming. I am still using these glasses for gaming though and I have just tested with 3D Bluray and can honestly say that I got that jaw drop moment all over again. If you are still thinking about taking the plunge I'd say you would be very happy with the purchase.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 May 2011 20:51:16 BDT
Gadget Guy says:
So if i hook my pc up to my 50" plasma tv .It should be like at the movies then?

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2011 12:53:25 BDT
Daniel James says:
The tv would have to be a 3DTV, the 200/400 hz thing is a gimmick that the tv manufacturers spout. You MUST have a 3DTV to use a 3D vision PC on it. But it gets weirder, you won't be able to use the Nvidia glasses! The drivers allow you to use the 3DTVs own glasses. If you have a 3DTV you will only need to install the Nvidia drivers and then buy the 3DTV Play software from them. Clear as mud? I know ! It is quite confusing.

Bottom line if you have a 3DTV and glasses you are halfway there, you just need the 3DTV software.

If you have a 120HZ monitor then you need to buy the entire kit.

Hope that helps a little.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (19 customer reviews)

Out of stock