5.0 out of 5 stars "Maybe I'm exacly where I should be after all.", 29 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
Simply amazing! This is one book where you should 100% believe the hype. I have yet to come across a negative review for Easy and now that I have read it I can see why. It really is simply amazing!

I strongly believe that Easy should be required reading for any female high school senior prior to starting college. The subject matter involved is serious and is never taken lightly in the story. Thankfully I have never found myself in a similar situation to Jacqueline but I believe it is all too easy for girls to forget their surrounds on a night out and bad things do happen, far too often! With the book starting with and dealing with such a heavy subject matter you may get the impression this would be a depressing book, but trust me it is not! Yes I cried, but to be honest I'm a bit of a softy and cry quite often during books that pull me in emotionally. But there is plenty of joy and laughter also, so please don't think of this as a 'Debbie Downer', it is perfectly balanced.

The characters are believable. Jacqueline is a strong female lead and I don't fault any of her actions. Not having the same experiences it would be easy for a bystander to criticize how she handles her dilemma. But I would never assume to know the emotions and feelings that take place in that moment and would never judge how somebody gets through that type of trauma.

Lucas is just... well... Lucas is just swoon worthy to the highest degree! Tattoos, lip ring, crystal clear eyes, dark hair and he is an artist. What is not to love? He is also strong, caring, sweet but very troubled. It becomes evident that while he is helping Jacqueline get through what has happened to her he has also had something happen in his past. This is just another reason why I loved Easy. This isn't the knight in shining armor story you would assume it is, Lucas is being saved by Jacqueline just as much.

I started this book in the evening and I found myself at 80% at 2:00am. Although it was the night we set the clocks back so really it was 3:00am. And if it wasn't for the fact I had to be somewhere the next day I so would have finished it in one sitting. I was finding it so difficult to put it down. Even despite the late night I was up at 8:30am and the first thing I did was grab my Kindle and didn't get out of bed until I was finished.

At the end I found myself wondering how I have never read any of Tammara Webber's Between the Lines series, I have now added them all to my TBR pile! So please, do not hesitate in reading Easy! I could not suggest it more and I think you will also become a fan of Webber's writing from the first chapter. My only disappointment is that this is a one off novel as I would have loved to see more of Jacqueline and Lucas in the future.

"Choosing to be with you isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline," he breathed, pulling back one final time to stare into my eyes. "It's easy. Incredibly easy."

Christine
Rainy Day Reads

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]