11 of 12 people found the following review helpful
The Roth DAB/FM/Internet Radio/iPod Dock - black.,
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Roth Audio DAB / FM / Internet Radio with iPod / iPhone Dock - Black (Electronics)
Having nosed around various sources to find a compact, deluxe clock radio, and read quite a few reviews, I punted for the item that I just couldn't keep my eyes off. Having had the Roth KRadio for a few weeks, I have reached the conclusion that I like it, and feel that, in time, I will grow to appreciate it even more. As previous reviews have alluded to, the KRadio has pros and cons.
- It is slightly bigger than it first appears, and sitting on the bedside, it is a classy looking, expensive looking,
well designed, bit of kit.
- It is really easy to set up.
- It is quick between radio stations.
- I like the radio aeriel, which fixes in position when adjusted.
- I like the soft touch keys on the front of the unit.
- I like the display; it is informative, big, and bright.
- The sound when listening to the radio is rich, clear and bassy.
- There are loads and loads and loads of radio stations to choose from.
- The remote control works well, and is easy to use when navigating through the various playing options.
- You can use the remote control to interact with your iPod, (in my case, a 'Classic' and a 'Touch').
- The lid for covering the iPod access point is a nice touch.
- There is plent of scope to adjust the sound, in terms of volume and desired taste, both in radio and iPod mode.
- The Roth KRadio is easily loud enough for a bedroom and a small kitchen.
- As mentioned in a previous review, the display at night is bright, even in 'dimmer' mode. My wife calls it 'Gazerbeam'!
- If you like a lot of bass in your music, the speakers don't take too kindly to it! The sound quality when using
an iPod requires tinkering with, (particularly if the original source of your music isn't from a C.D or iTunes).
- Tinkering with the graphic equaliser can take some patience, but is worth it.
Overall, I do like it. It is a quality British made product, with some nice touches.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 May 2012 19:42:05 BDT
Big Ears says:
I found your review extremely helpful especially the comment about the lack of a "line-out" socket. Because I am rather deaf and my wife has a different choice of listening much of the time I often listen through good headphones. Well, nearly got it right Roth, but shan't buy it until you add that one tiny missing essential.
Posted on 25 Aug 2012 10:53:15 BDT
Peter L. says:
An excellent review. Like the previous commenter I need a line out so I'll wait and see if the next version has one.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›