3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
Hit Me Baby One More Time Mr. Timberlake,
This review is from: Future Sex / Love Sounds (Audio CD)
1. Futuresex/Lovesound - On the very first track you notice the Timbaland influence straight away, it's a far cry from his n*sync days. Beat is great, great vocal range, a favourite of mine on the album.
2. Sexyback Ft.Timbaland - I'm sure if you are even contemplating buying this album you'll have heard this song. Sexually motivated, but the whole album is. It's a grower. Grungy beat and vocals.
3. Sexy Ladies/Let Me Talk to You (Prelude) - From the first note it reminds me of Prince. Gets lost in between Sexyback and the astounding My Love.
4. My Love Ft T.I. - Chances are you'll have heard this one too. This song will become 'classic timberlake' in years to come. T.I does a not bad job in pulling the whole thing together.
5. Love Stoned/I Think She Knows (Interlude) - As you'll have guessed, this whole song is about love, girls and sex. This song is my favourite on the whole album. Beatbox beat int he background is impressive and works well, lyrics are excellent and the I think she Knows interlude is excllent, calm and slow-ish. Excellent production.
6. ...What Goes Around...Comes Around (Interlude) - Another single from the album, has one of the best music videos i've seen in a long while. Slower tempo than alot of the album, but well worth the 7.21mins length.
7. Chop Me Up Ft.Three 6 Mafia,Timbaland - Don't let the shouting at the start of this track put you off, Justin makes this track with his verse. If you're a fan of Three 6, then you'll like their verse, timbaland spits a bland, egotistic verse as usual which isn't up to scratch. This could be a skipper if you don't like loud hip-hop.
8. Damn Girl - Unlike his rapping, Timbaland/will.i.am's production is spot on in this song. will.i.am features briefly and doesn't spoil it. Catchy hook you'll be singing all day.
9. Summer Love/Set the Mood (Prelude)- This is a summer song, the beat will sound similar to one earlier on in the album, but this is one of the last repetitive bassy songs. Nice chorus, but the repitition of the word "girl" gets annnoying. The real gem is Set The Mood, which is a great taster of the next few songs, slower tempo, softer singing. Justin at his romantic best.
10. Until the End of Time - With a whole orchestra to work with, Timberlake pulls out all the stops with this, is a great relaxing tune to listen to. Lyrics aren't all that, but the orchestra alone will touch you.
11. Losing My Way - Another song that gets lost between amazing tracks. However, the story of Bob is good stuff. Backing beat gets frustrating after a couple of listens, but Justin is on Fire.
12. (Another Song) All Over Again - My favourite song on this album changes with every listen, and i've decided this is mine for today. Lovestoned was yesterday. This song is beautifully sung, written and the piano is brilliant. This songs displays how much talent this boy has, with just himself, a piano and a simple drum beat he can produce one of the best songs of the year. Excellent end to the album.
13. Pose (Bonus Track) Ft. Snoop Dogg - Could have done without this I think. (Another song) was the perfect way to end a great album filled with variety. This song really belongs in between Chop me Up and Damn Girl.
Excellent album. Better than his first, more sophisticated and with Timbaland's extensive knowledge of producing the album is musically fantastic. A couple of misses but overall it's an album full of hits!