Some product drawbacks, but great customer service,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: AnkerŪ USB 3.0 4-Port Hub with a Built-in 1ft USB 3.0 Cable for Laptops, Ultrabooks and Tablet PCs with USB Ports Backward Compatible with USB 2.0 & Support Windows 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP, Mac OS X 10.8.4 (Personal Computers)
I've been contacted by the seller and they are very helpful so I've increased my rating.
Some of my previous comments:
- Bright blue light makes it hard to sleep in the same room if you leave it plugged in
- The lead is quite short
- Picky with supported devices: wireless mice won't work well, but it does say that in the listing; hard disks (even with their own power) don't work well
- Casing is shiny and shows smudges from handling
I will agree with others that this is a great size for a travel item. It also does mention most of the drawbacks I point out in the product listing. Just not sure what I'd plug into it now.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Dec 2013 07:43:27 GMT
Thanks for sharing your product review.
Sorry for the disappointment. However, we hope you did not miss the listing title as 1ft USB cable and notes below as well
* 2.4Ghz wireless devices (keyboards, mice, etc.) may not work around USB 3.0 ports. Try using a USB 2.0 connection.
* To ensure a stable connection, don't use this hub with high power consumption devices (those exceeding a combined current of 0.9 Amps among all ports) such as some large-capacity hard drives.
The 2.4G wireless devices' s frequency interference is with all USB 3.0 hub and we suggest you to plug your hard drive via computer USB port directly or a self-powered hub like AnkerŪ Uspeed USB 3.0 4-Port Hub with 12V 2A Power Adapter and 3ft USB 3.0 Cable [VIA VL812 Chipset]
Anker offers hassle-free warranty if there is a chance. To speed things up, could you please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Amazon order #, we will try our best to see if there is anything we may assist with.
Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm(pst)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›