5.0 out of 5 stars get your copy now, 8 Feb 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Fitness Coach - Get In Shape (Wii) (Video Game)
My Fitness Coach (Wii)

I was a bit disappointed when I received my copy and suddenly I realised that this uses none of the WII technology. No moving about with your remote, apart from when you're selecting a few of the on-screen options, and no balancing board.
mmmhhhh ... I was a bit doubtful but I went ahead with the measuring my body and testing my fitness and then I got my tailored workout and I started my routine.
And hey ho! I was hooked. It really is like having your personal trainer guiding you through the exercises that have been selected and prepared for you.
I love it, it is better than taking myself to the gym and puts the WII fit to shame.
Something I find very helpful is that you can do as little as 15mins, which is great if you have very little time to spare as it ensures you do something even on the days when you have little time to spare, which is better than nothing (you certainly wouldn't go all the way to the gym to do 15 mins workout!?).
The work out is tailored to your level of fitness and there are checks during the routine to check how you were doing, if you find it too easy or too hard then Maya (your fitness coach) will adjust the exercises to suit your level even better.
The bad bits so far are that it doesn't allow you to exclude certain exercises if for example you have an injury and you know you won't be able to do sertain movements, and sometimes I found some of the exercise too hard but all the rest too easy and so I was a bit stuck as to what to answer.
Not a great problem really - if you possess heart rate monitor, dumbells, exercise balls etc you can also use them (Maya will add exercises with whichever equipment you tell her you have)

The worst side of all ... why has this come out on WII? It could have been created ages ago for any other game console as far as I can see???

Definitely go for it if you are thinking about it, excellent value for money (especially if you compare it to the prices of gym memberships nowadays!!)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Feb 2010 02:03:03 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Mar 2010 04:05:28 GMT
Yes, it's not always interactive enough with regard to exercises. For example. my overall flexibility's good, but my balance is lousy. So even though I do well with most of the flexibility workout, anything involving standing on one leg rarely works. With today's workout I didn't even get asked how I found that set of exercises as it went straight into the cooldown after I had wobbled my way through the Tree and Warrior III poses. You can pause it using the - key on the Wiimote, and select an option to supposedly decrease difficulty, but this didn't seem to work for me. It simply restarted the same exercise at the same level.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (394 customer reviews)

19.99 18.95