5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best protection, 14 July 2011
This review is from: Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC) (CD-ROM)
Have used KIS on several PCs and laptops since 2009 and as an experienced computer user I must admit that it is not always been very straightforward to configure in the past. However, on default settings it protects to a very high standard and has multiple layers of protection, which is very important.

It could benefit in some parts from some simplification for average users - but not removing features for more advanced users.

In conclusion I would give KIS 5 stars for protection but only 3 for the rest, so 4 overall.

Update: 12 November 2011 -

Over the past 4 months since my initial review I have installed KIS 2012 on several PCs and laptops / netbooks and during that period Kaspersky have also fixed some earlier issues with the product.

I am upgrading my rating to 5 stars because this software has now proven to be really impressive in its protection, smoothness and low impact, especially noticeable (positively) on my not too powerful two year old business laptop; it really flies along.

I have probably trialled at least 75% of the security software companies over the years, and even recently did a lot of testing on suites as well as individual combinations of seperate firewalls, AV, behaviour blockers, etc.

All the testing was done in test virtual environments and then follwed with real production experience on various PCs and laptops.

In my experience, and others may disagree, but KIS 2012 is the best suite for protection in all of my malware tests. It ranks alongside my favourite bespoke combination of some other specialist security softwares. And for all its high protection the impact on system resources and web browsing is the lowest of any other suite in my tests, and lower impact than the bespoke combination.

KIS is therefore my favoured security app right now and I also use their mobile security product for my phone. Bottom line is that I can set it and more or less forget about it on several computers; life is a lot easier now, no need to spend time tinkering!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Jan 2012 04:32:31 GMT
Plom de Nume says:
In other words, great for geeks with a lot of time on their hands, crap for normal consumers. Kaspersky started out fine a few years ago. Now it's a Digital River of excrement. I'm writing this after yet another blue screen/reinstall on an otherwise fine computer. I've also had to disable its email component so that I can download messages the same day. Absolute and utter nightmare. My next action after this post is to order Norton; KIS won't give a refund but my response is never to use this god-awful product again. Meanwhile - make your mind up (and do it like a normal customer not a techno-fan nerd with too much time on his hands).

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2012 12:15:01 GMT