3.0 out of 5 stars brilliant tool; durability issues, 15 Dec 2012
This review is from: Wenger Giant Swiss Army Knife (Sports)
this is a great product, but there were some issues...
First problem was delivery. It took the whole of the Swiss army to carry the thing, so I ran out of tea bags before i'd served all 83 of them. fortunately the teabag removal device worked wonders and i soon had it down to a fine art.

My initial impression once they had gone was how brilliantly compact it was. It lives with me in the house during this time of year as the stable is a bit cold, so it swaps with the missus for the winter months. On the plus side, the box doubles up as a convenient holiday home in the south of France, so it's already paying for itself splendidly.

My favourite tool thus far is easily the 2 in 1 eye surgery/dental drill one. to be able to do root canal surgery an eyeball at the same time as placing a contact lens on my upper molar was a definite time saver; none of that pesky waiting around in the waiting rooms of two different surgeries when you own this kit, no sir!

There were a couple of things that I just don't need at all, but really only a couple. I definitely could do without The laser guided smart bomb system, as i find that the trident warheads perform far better anyway. and who needs a knife? Everything else though I couldn't do without. How I coped without the roll out runway complete with LED lighting to land my spaceship on I'll never know. And the gun dog application has been invaluable! to be able to fold out a spaniel when the time comes has made a big difference to finding stuff I have shot with the integral 12 gauge.

I have struggled with the Flux Capacitor though. It seems to only take me back as far as 1985 all the time. I think this is because the Delorean attachment is next to the serrated saw, so it keeps getting punctures when accelerating to 88mph, maybe for Mk2 it should be moved so it's next to the bouncy castle?

On the whole though I'm very pleased with it. If you're thinking you could probably do without an 18 Century chandelier on your penknife, then you're wrong. This is all the knife you'll ever need.

[Add comment]