ARRAY(0xa834ae7c)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great device, 6 Aug 2011
This review is from: Apple iPad 2 16GB (Black, Wi-Fi Only) - Genuine UK Stock (Personal Computers)
This device has completely changed how I view using the Internet and everything on the Internet. Before I owned an iPad I had to turn on my computer, wait the required 6 minutes of loading to boot up then type my password, wait another 3 minutes to be able to access the Internet and I have to do all this whilst sitting infront of a desk and on a sometimes uncomfortable chair. Now I can just sit back on a sofa or bed, turn it on and be on the Internet in under 30 seconds. Just this makes it worth buying for me.

The biggest draw to this is the apps, there are countless apps that you can have fun with. I have downloaded apps for reading comics, books, video calling, watching tv shows, video games, learning foreign languages and helping with work. I have discovered all of these apps in under a month and I feel as if I have only started and cannot wait to see what else developers can come up with.

The design of the device looks slick and cool but you may find holding the device up a little bit complicated as the back of the the iPad is extremely smooth and may slip out of your hands.
I have not had a problem with loading times or the Internet being slow at any point but that doesn't mean this device is perfect for example the iPad does not use flash player so some website that host videos may not work. The battery life is not as good as I had wished either lasting between 8-10 hours which is not bad if you only use it at home and can charge it at any time, but sometimes I like to take it to work or in the car and when I do I have to keep an eye out on the battery life. The biggest problem I have faced is with sending e-mails, as someone who is applying for jobs I need to keep checking my e-mails and sending my CV to people which is something you cannot do on an iPad. I have tried a lot of things but I cannot seem to find a way to attach my CV to an e-mail and send it, because of this I have to go on my PC if I find a job on the iPad and want to apply.

The price of the deivce is something which many people complain about, I can see why it may seem overpriced for what some people may see as a dumbed down laptop without a cd drive. Trust me though; after using it for a month it is hard for me to go back to my PC to do anything that I can do on my iPad, now I only use my PC for putting CDs on my iPod, work and sending important e-mails.

These small drawbacks do not stop this from being an amazing device and I do not know what I would do without it now. If you have the money I would say definitely buy this as you will not be disappointed but please try it somewhere before you buy just as you should before making any big purchase.

[Add comment]