3.0 out of 5 stars Can't argue for the price., 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: CiT Vantage Type-R Gaming Case with HD Audio, 4 Fans, Card Reader and No PSU - Black (Accessory)
I bought this case for a new build about 8 months ago, but I'm about to upgrade to a bigger case (you''l learn why a little later.)
So I'm going to keep this simple and list a few pros and cons I discovered about this case through my experience using it for 8 months to help you make the decision of whether it would be good for you.

The pros:
- Price. You can't argue with the price of this case, it's perfect for a budget build/ first PC case ect.
- Fans. This is the most fans I've seen on a case in this range, they are decent enough if you're not over-clocking for keeping your precious components cool. They are also reasonably quiet (they are no where near disruptive, I never noticed the noise) and they give great piece of mind compared to a case with less fans. The intake fans also have dust filters, which is always good.
- Size. Although big enough (in theory) to house an ATX build, this case is a lot smaller than other ATX cases. It even has a removable section of HDD (Hard-Drive) housing to accommodate 'long' (graphics) cards such as a Radeon 7970 or GTX 770 for example. However, this is not always the case as I will elaborate on in the cons.
- Looks. This case looks great for the price. I got the red version and the LEDs look great. They are not too bright, but give the case a great look. It's quite sleek and will look at home in any room.

The cons:
- Build quality. This is to be expected for such a budget case, but I still feel that it could have been better. The whole case is a little flimsy-feeling and I wouldn't like to be too rough with it for that reason. It feels very fragile. I have had endless problems with the side panel intake fans, the wire and switch is so flimsy that I have broken it about 5 times just by opening the case. I have had to solder the wires back into the molex connector as they broke free many times, and just recently the wire broke at the other end near the switch which I think is not worth fixing. So I'm two fans down. Even though the fans have dust filters as I stated, they are extremely difficult to get at for cleaning. Screwdrivers, disassembly and much patience is required just to clean the dust out to keep the fans running efficiently. All the machined screw holes are questionable, a few have ruined after a few uses. The buttons and front I/O are very cheap and flimsy. one of my front panel USB and the auxiliary (Sound/headphone jack) input failed after a few months. I wouldn't trust them with an expensive USB device.
- Size. Size has been an ongoing issue with this case since I started using it. Firstly, I had great difficult getting my standard ATX motherboard into the case (it's an ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3.) I had to carefully push the board in and it was scraping along the side of the metal that divided the HDD and optical drive bays. It was a nightmare trying to get the it in and lined up with the I/O backpanel correctly. The next problem I had was with my graphics card. When I first started using this case, I was using a Sapphire HD 7770 GHz Edition which (as a small card) fit in no problems at all. However, I recently upgraded to a ASUS R9 280x DCU II which is a huge card. Now even though the case has a removable section of drive bay to accommodate long cards such as the 280x, it was still very difficult to get the card in and the power connectors are pushed up against the drive bays which obviously not good. The side panel now no longer fits on as the fans push up against the GPU and the cooling pipe stops the fans. It's impossible to slide the side on now without removing one fan.
- Accessories. All that comes with this case is a few screws and small piece of paper with chines instructions. The accessories that come with it are a good as useless.
- Lastly, cable management. This case has no cable management whatsoever. It makes your build look very messy and restricts airflow.

That's all I can think of to mention about this case, so I hope my experience has helped you decide. I've uploaded an image to Imgur so you can see some of the space issues I'm having so check that out if you managed to get this far!
-- http://imgur.com/bawHCcg --

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 May 2014 23:03:55 BDT
Wll says:
Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review, V. helpful

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2014 13:10:21 BDT
No problem, I just wanted to make sure that anyone looking at this case as an option could see the full pros and cons as they don't seem to be outlines well by anyone else's review. I'm glad it was helpful and I hope it helped you make a decision!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jun 2014 01:16:24 BDT
thanks for your review, its very accurate.

Posted on 16 Jul 2014 21:13:06 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Jul 2014 21:14:57 BDT
The Savant says:
Can anyone tell me whether I could fit a water cooling rad mounted at the top in this case? It claims to be water cooling ready! I measured the size and currently have a case with similar size and not as good cooling as this and I have an MSI AMD R7990 6GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card installed which obstructs part of my HDD bays which means I lose some bays, seems the same would apply with this case if I get it. I just need to know if it will fit in one or two AMD 7990s and if there is still room for a Corsair Hydro Series H100i All-In-One 240mm Digital High Performance Rad Liquid Cooler for CPU to be mounted at the top with an Corsair AX1200i Professional Series Digital AX 1200i ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Platinum PSU which I currently have and plan to use. It will be pretty crammed in, I know but at least it should provde better cooling than I already have, it is either this or a Corsair CC-9011022-WW Obsidian Series 900D E-ATX Super Tower Performance Windowed Case for Computer - Black to buy for future upgrade-ability, probably makes more sense to do. This would mean me paying more than I initially wanted but it is more of an investment and will save me more in the long run, just have to know answer to these questions first to help me decide -- if it will fit in radiator at top and my current PSU and GPU. Thank you.

Posted on 30 Jul 2014 23:22:17 BDT
I just got one of these and other odds n' sods to build a new system, I instantly ran into the problem of the fans in the way of inner hardwear, a water cooler ironically enough. Anyway it was a doddle to fix and the case looks pretty unique and cool now, no pun intended, I dismantled the fans and exterior plastic mounting, then fixed the fans to the OUTSIDE and attached the mounting on top of them held on with double sided sticky tape.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2014 11:19:41 BDT
Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply. I'd have to say there is absolutely no chance that all that hardware is going to fit into this case. You'd have your work cut out trying to get *one* of the cards in, never mind two of them plus a water cooling rad. You're going to need at least a mid tower, but I'd recommend a full size tower.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2014 11:23:31 BDT
I also did this for a short while! However, I just got sick of the case and how flimsy/unpractical it was. I upgraded to a Corsair 230T and I couldn't be happier. It looks amazing, there's plenty of room. There's amazing airflow with my Arctic Cooling F14's and there is enough room on the offside to cable manage effectively.

Posted on 24 Dec 2014 16:43:11 GMT
Jke998 says:
No cable management? did you even take off both side panels?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2014 03:03:54 GMT
that's a stupid question, of course I did. However, any cables with more than about a centimetre of thickness cause a problem when they are in there because there's just not adequate clearance between the right panel and the motherboard tray. I had a massive problem trying to stuff my Motherboard and PCIE/CPU power cables back there whilst keeping it possible to replace the panel.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›