4.0 out of 5 stars No regrets but could have been better., 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Canon PIXMA MG7150 All in one printer - Black (Print, Scan, Copy, Wifi, Air Print and Pixma Cloud Link) (Accessory)
I decided on this particular printer as friends also have Canons and they produce some excellent results. This model does too especially on the 7 Day Shop 270gm glossy paper that would not go through my previous HP printer. Where it falls down is on it's WiFi capability. It established contact with my router easily enough and appeared to print solidly enough. Every now and again though it will print about a third of a sheet (photographs) and then eject the paper. It then takes some time to reset and start over, sometimes with the same result. I have been around computers and printers for many years but have been unable to get to the bottom of this problem. Eventually I reloaded the driver using a USB connection and all has been well. But if I have paid for WiFi then I should be getting WiFi.

A second niggle is that the scanner is not of a very high resolution. It does produce good results but if I wanted to scan a small area of a picture at high res, then I would be in difficulty.

Ink consumption is on the high side and there are 6 separate cartridges altogether. I am tempted to try some compatibles as a set of genuine Canon come out at £60. Not funny.

This is beginning to sound as though I'm unhappy with the machine but this is far from the truth. It is an excellent printer with quite a large footprint. I have had no jams or any other mechanical trouble but would like to get the WiFi problem sorted out.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Mar 2014 10:52:07 GMT
GoGas says:
Which Canon paper settings do you choose in Printer Driver for the 7DayShop Glossy Paper?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2014 13:39:26 GMT
Camerafour says:
Hi GoGas
Using the 7 Shop Glossy 270gm photo paper, I choose Photo Paper from the dialogue box then 'Photo Paper Plus Glossy II' from the sub menu. I have been very happy with the results and have not sought to experiment further. I have an old supply of Jessops 120gm Matt Photo Paper and I just use Matt setting in the same sub menu for that again with very satisfying results.
CG (Camerafour)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2014 16:21:54 GMT
GoGas says:
Thanks. Have been experimenting (from Lightroom) today and used similar settings. Best colour profile seems to standard IJ profile. Only issue is cannot get borderless on MG7150 with 7Dayshop 10x15 (4x6) (true 100mmx150mm) as the page option Canon Borderless 4x6 (to get borderless tab to activate) is for Canon 4x6 paper which is actually 102mm x152mm(true 4x6). If you are wanting 4x6 borderless on MG7150 ensure paper size is true 4x6 and not 100x150. If you are happy with borders it is not an issue. I was unaware there is in effect imperial and metric sizes of paper advertised as " 10x15 (4x6) ".

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2014 19:41:56 GMT
Camerafour says:
Thank you for this info. I do use 6x4 from time to time but have not done so since purchasing the MG7150. Again I have used 7Day Shop 6X4 paper in the past or when I could get HP Tabbed 6x4 at a sensible price I have used that. Both used to give me a borderless print on my old HP 2570 printer so when I have time I'll have a go on the Canon.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›