4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent primer to Premiere Pro, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Adobe Premiere Pro For Dummies (Paperback)
I've used Adobe editing software in the past and once I got Adobe Premiere, I figured it would basically be more of the same. While the new program was very similar to some of the other programs I've used in the past, the Pro version had a few new features that I wasn't really familiar with.

I tried using the manual that came with the software and it did help me a bit. However, I'm not really the type of person who enjoys reading manuals because they tend to be a bit confusing and boring for me. When I saw Adobe Premiere Pro for Dummies, I picked up a copy right away. I had read a few of the other titles in the "Dummies" series before and really thought they were helpful, so I decided to give it a try.

Once I started reading the book, I realized that this entry in the series was no different. I found it very helpful in the level of help that it was able to provide for using Adobe Premiere Pro. The book starts out with the basics so that anyone regardless of experience level can learn how to use the software. If you have used other Adobe editing software in the past, this will pretty much be review for you. Since I was somewhat familiar with the software, I breezed through these parts of the book, but I understood why they had to include them.

At that point, I moved on to learning about some of the new features of the software and how to use them. I found this portion of the book very helpful and interesting. It didn't talk to me like a manual or a textbook. It spells everything out in plain English so that pretty much anyone should be able to understand how to use the software.

Beyond that, the book doesn't get into some of the really advanced techniques that I've heard about with this program. However, it does provide you with a solid overview of the program so that you can get your feet wet and learn how to edit videos without any problems. By the time you get done with the book, there's no reason that you should not be able to be proficient with the software. You may need to continue playing around with the software to figure out some of the more advanced techniques that Adobe Premiere Pro is capable of.

One of the things I really like about the book is the examples. It gives you the basics of how something works and then it actually shows examples that you can follow step-by-step on your own. This felt like someone was there taking me by the hand and showing me how to do everything I needed to do with the software.

If you're looking for an easy way to learn Adobe Premiere Pro without paying a lot of money for a class, I would highly recommend getting a copy of this book as soon as possible.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]