9 of 10 people found the following review helpful
The ins and outs,
This review is from: SONY ERICSSON XPERIA X1 SIM FREE (BLACK) (Electronics)
The goog things -->
There is nothing this phone cant do apart from making coffee.
This is one hell of a phone BUT has a few problems:
1) The reception of this phone in weak signal areas is quite BAD. It seems to disconnect from the network and not able to retain the signal at a time when my trusty K850i can. (contacted the network operator who has kindly asked me to swich the phone to GSM onle --> No use. They asked me to replace the sim with a new one no use). In conclusion the phone's reception is BAD in weak signal areas. Having said that I must say that in strons signal areas I had no problem.
2) The phone's black finish is very nice BUT the battery cover finish is extreemly poor and will fade out very easy "mine took 3 days!!" A case is a must for this colour. The silver is a better option.
3) If you purchase this phone from somebody who had it off VODAFONE, Be advised that the phone network settings will be locked to vodafone however the phone will accept any sim and will work perfectly. Only way around it --> flash the ROM with non locked image.
4) The phone have a nasty habit of swiching off the screen when on a call (few seconds after anwering) this will annoy you if you need to use the key pad.. you will need to reactivate the screen. Silly if you are listening to an automated answer service which needs the cutomer to enter options.
5) Vodafone will c harge you an extra fee for the push mail service.
6) very difficult to find a case for the phone however after searching the best i found was PDair case. (amazon or ebay)