3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly fit for purpose, 19 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Samsung CLX-4195FW 4-In-1 Colour Wireless Multifunction Laser Printer (Print, Scan, Fax, Copy) (Accessory)
When I originally bought this I was pretty happy with it, but over time - it has been 2 months now - I have grown more and more irritated by it, now to the extent I am considering getting rid of it and buy a different printer from a different brand.

To start with, this printer lacks proper duplex capabilities, ie printing on both sides. Fair enough, it costs to put in and would make the printer more expensive. There is a manual duplex function though however - theoretically - where the machine simply prints every second page and then should ask you to reinsert the papger again, the other way around, but it just wont work on my printer, and instead it loves to print the same thing all over again on top of this wasting both toner and paper. Maybe I got a bad apple or so, what do I know, but end of the day, I can't print double-sided, and it drives me mad.

Secondly, printing on envelopes is not great. I have had to use it now a few times, but to start with the manual does not say exactly how to put the envelope into the printer tray to make it work, and to figure it out has been a nightmare, yet still, it is not always working. It took me 2 hours the other day to make a proper print of royal mail stamp I bought online...

Beyond this, I have noticed that the wireless connection occasionally drops when I have tried to make a scan to my computer through the network set up, with the need to reboot the machine to make it work again.

The manuals for the machine are not the most intuitive, but then again, I have noticed manuals are not Samsung's strongest skills before, with other products too, so it is probably nothing that will change, and that you annoyingly have to live with when buying things from Samsung.

I have asked Samsung support to address the duplex problem, it will be interesting to see if they have a clue at all of what it is, but my gut-feeling tells me not to have too high expectations with these guys...

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]