0 of 4 people found the following review helpful
Worth collecting if you're a RE fan,
By A Customer
This review is from: Resident Evil Zero (GameCube) (Video Game)
Everyone has written about how excellent the graphics are so I won't regurgitate all this but just agree on the positive comments. The difficulty level of the game is easy and many tips/tricks from RE1 can be reused here. The 'puzzles' are also easy and anyone with half a brain can figure things out. It's true that the gameplay rules are hard and fast (re the door which you must open with a pointy object), but I didn't mind that so much because it is all part of the game. The negative comments I have are the following:
1. Irritating splash screens that the Start button can not skip past. They repeat every time you reset the game. This didn't happen in RE1.
2. The fact that you have to select which memory card to load from even when there is only 1 inserted.
3. It asks you if you want to 'Continue' or 'Reset Game' when you load a saved game. I can't think why someone would want to 'Reset Game' when they're loading a saved game!
4. Aiming (for both chars) doesn't always adjust.
5. Annoying little things, like why does the lift doors automatically shut after you take things out? You then have to press the action button again to put something in for the other char. Another annoying thing: The same comments appear when you load a game which can't be skipped (RE1 displayed random comments which could be skipped).
All these small things point to the possibility that the game was rushed into production.