5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 28 Feb. 2003
This review is from: Sony MDR-EX70LP Fontopia Headphones (Electronics)
I like simple things that work well and these headphones do this. I'll keep this review simple as there no point getting technical.
Good Points:
Bass: - if you like lots of bass these are definitely for you, the amount of bass they produce for their size compared to other similar products is quite amazing and has to be one of the main selling points.
Looks: - I don't know about other people, but as well as performance you want good looks and these look good, a nice simple design with a neat finish and even the case is stylish.
Fit: - in the past I have always had problems getting earphones to stay in my ears as all the pairs I have ever owned have fallen out, which as anyone else who has this problem knows its a major annoyance. So when I ordered these I was a bit sceptical as to whether they would stay in, but I though I would give them a go as they come with adjustments to make them bigger or smaller. I'm happy to say that when I got them I was so happy as they fitted first time with the medium size ear adapters that were already fitted. Unlike other reviewers have mentioned I have not had a problem with them falling out at all and think that they could easily be used for jogging.
Comfort: - I put these into my ears and it did not feel strange at all and even after wearing them for long periods of time they are still comfortable unlike other earphones. These do not just sit in your ears they actually go straight down into your ear canal and feel fine with the soft plastic part that goes in your ears.
Overall sound quality: - ok I'm not an expert on sound quality but these have great sound compared to the standard of any other earphones I have heard and definitely beat the sound of earphones that come free with most portable audio devices. The sound quality is enhanced by the fact that they block out nearly all outside noise and you may want to take them out if you are doing anything which requires attention.
Bad Points (there's not many)
Case: - it's not really a bad thing, its just although it looks good when you actually hold it feels a bit flimsy. You would of thought with these quality earphones the case might have been a bit better, it does its job well and is really useful for storing the phones and the wire, but the only thing is that its made from really thin plastic and sometimes when you shut it, it can catch the wire, but this is not enough to count against them and I would still get them even for this fact.
Getting run over: - because these block out so much background noise it can be dangerous if you are trying to cross a road with them on as you won't hear approaching vehicles.
Overall: -
I would say these are great for everything, but especially as a replacement for the cheap phones that come with walkmans etc. I purchased as replacements for the phones that came with my i-pod and they do a great job a lot better than i thought.
In this price bracket you wont find better phones.
IN MY OPINION EVERYONE MUST OWN A PAIR - SO GO OUT AND BUY SOME

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]