5.0 out of 5 stars Stand Back in admiration, 12 May 2011
This review is from: STEVIE NICKS-IN YOUR DREAMS (Audio CD)
Music is very personal and we all have opinions on what should be regarded as a landmark album. I have been fortunate to listen to Stevie Nicks' latest album `In Your Dreams' in advance of the UK's launch and have no hesitation to state that this is going to be one of the best albums of 2011.

`In Your Dreams' is captivating. Every one of the songs is relevant and Stevie Nicks sounds great for the duration of the album. Stevie Nicks has the most distinct, charismatic voice I've ever heard, and she also happens to be one of the premiere songwriters of our time. I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I listened to `In Your Dreams' for the first time. Would it be over-produced and artificial? Not a chance, it is excellently produced and the music is varied and each song has so much to offer the listener. Stevie Nicks and Dave Stewart really work well together.

If you have ever appreciated Stevie Nicks as a true artist, this album is not to be missed. Do yourself a favour, purchase it, then listen to it front to back at least once without interruption. Give it a chance to soak under your skin. I guarantee it will. If you can't find something to love on this album, you probably weren't much of a Stevie Nicks fan in the first place.

Stevie Nicks should be proud of herself to have created something so special at this point in her career. I congratulate her and Dave Stewart for a job well done.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 May 2011 11:05:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 May 2011 14:28:28 BDT
Bungliemutt says:
JC, I must admit to not finding 'much to love' on this album, but have always been, and still am a Stevie Nicks fan. (Read my Amazon review of Rumours if you are in any doubt). I bought Rumours in 1977, and Bella Donna on the very day it was released. I last saw Fleetwood Mac live at Wembley in 2009 and they were magnificent. But in my view, In Your Dreams is a terrible album full of weak songs that have no melody, crass lyrics and dreadful vocals. Being a fan does not mean we have to switch off our objective critical faculties. Stevie Nicks is an artist with a committed and loyal fanbase who love everything she does, and I am sure there will be many who will echo your fulsome praise. On this occasion, I am disappointed to say that I can't be one of them.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2011 22:09:09 BDT
Guy says:
I disagree with Walter. JC is right. Stevie has had some average work in the last few albums. But the songs on this grow on you. In some cases the vocals good be better, sadly as as Stevie has got older her vocals are a little harsher than in her youth where there was a softer tone. But I think this is an improved performance on later albums.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (62 customer reviews)

Reviewer