5.0 out of 5 stars BEST EVER LAPTOP!!!, 27 Mar 2012
This review is from: Apple 13 inch MacBook Air (Dual-Core i5,1.7GHz,4GB,256GB Flash,HD Graphics) (Personal Computers)
After using windows all my life I thought it was time to ditch windows 7 and give apple a try. I bought the MacBook Air 13 from a shop, when I saw how sleek and slim it was and how light it was I knew right then I had to have it. After using Dell Inspirion 15 it was a relief to have something so much lighter and tasteful as this laptop. I was also told that it was not necessary to have anti-virus software installed. at the moment I'm not using anti-virus software however, I will be installing one shortly as it is better to be safer that sorry especially when you spend a small fortune on this laptop. You also want to be protected by malware and fraud since this is more likely to happen than getting a virus.

I was considering getting the MacBook Air 11 inch but when I viewed them in the shop and lifted them up to see how heavy it was, there was very little difference between the two. Also there was only a 100 differences between the 11 inch and 13 inch. So in the end I got the 13 inch MacBook Air as it is always better having more of a screen especially since there was no big difference in price.

Another positive is the battery life. Up to 7 hours is pretty amazing compared to the 1 hour I only got from my dell laptop. But an even bigger surprise was that the battery on the MacBook Air 13 not only lasts up to 7 hours but can last up 11 HOURS!!! Truly amazing! I don't know if this is normal for all MacBooks but this is the case for me.

The processing speed is great and much faster than another laptops I used to use with clear, colourful screen. The Lion operating system is certainly the best operating system I have ever experienced. It is easy and simple to use and understand unlike window (In my opinion).

The laptop itself does not make a sound! It is absolutely silent. No fan sounds or hard drive sounds at all. After using my Dell which makes a lot of noise it is a relief. The MacBook Air does not over heat like other laptops.

And let's not forget to mention the back lit keyboard! This was a main reason why I was considering getting the MacBook Air. It is very handy to have a back lit when typing especially if your environment is dim or just for ease of seeing the keyboard and the individual keys.

The power adapter is small, fairly light in comparison to other laptops and sleek to look at. The bit that you plug into the laptop has magnet on it so there is no struggling in trying to plug it or find where the socket is, especially when it is dim and less likely hood of it to break. Beware though if you have a pet that has a tendency to chew wires that you keep the power adapter in a safe place as the wire is thin and easy to chew into. I have cat that likes to chew anything and I have learnt by past experience to keep everything out of reach from her.

The microsoft office for apple is something you need to get additionally as it does not come already installed. The price was fare and it's actually really good, with it comes many templates. For example you can have a letter template with word and many different cool and professional templates for presentations.

with the light weight, small, slim and sleek design along with the long lasting battery with a certain 7 hours and with my laptop 11 hours makes this the perfect laptop for a student such as my self. I won't have to worry about how heavy it is and banging it about on public transport and can leave my power adapter at home.

I wish I had gotten a MacBook long ago instead of the Dell. I love my new laptop and I'm never exchanging it for anything else!

It is 100% worth buying! I would recommend to anybody.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Mar 2012 09:27:13 BDT
bootbags says:
This says it all. I was given a MacBook Pro 17" as a birthday gift 2 years ago. I had previously only used Windows. I was delighted with it, the speed, the clarity and ease of use (but there is a lot I haven't got to use yet) I play just one game on Social Networking, it is fast. However, I do travel (holiday) quite a bit and find it a little large to take with me all the time. Had a need to go to an Apple Store on Monday with my husband and looked at the little 13" 'Air'. Everything I dream of. I could pop this in my handbag, so unobtrusive and not shouting expensive laptop, Thank you to all the posts from satisfied customers, has just helped me in my decision to purchase one.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2012 23:21:13 BDT
Daniela says:
I'm glad to hear that you found the review helpful! I just felt the need to tell everyone how amazing this laptop is. Everyone should have this and ditch windows.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (22 customer reviews)

Used & New from: 760.00