1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Platinum Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Well, after having heard all the rave reviews, and having waited for this product to reduce in price, I went ahead and bought it. I have to say I was slightly dissapointed...
- Fantastic graphics, best I've seen in any game. Ever. Except perhaps AC:Brotherhood, they are on a par perhaps.
- Good physics engine. Realistic running, falling etc.
- Fun. It is good fun... However...
- Length of play. I am not a serious gamer (I used to be, but less so now), and whilst not playing this everyday, it managed to last quite a while which was definitely a good thing.
- Storyline (the main plot and the sub-plot was enthralling!)
- Fun... it is fun, however... the way in which the hardest parts, where perhaps an accidental slip or misplaced jump will cause death, jumps you back a ridiculously far way to the last checkpoint. an extremely annoying point.
- Ridiculousness. The storyline was going along fine, and then suddenly. Well I won't ruin it, but think the most recent Indiana Jones film...
- petty points, like weapon choice (limited), amount of hits it takes to kill the enemy, inaccessible routes, very obvious clues for 'puzzles', all lead to an overall frustrating and unrewarding experience.
Overall, I would say it is a good game, just not as good as people say. don't big up your expectations like I did, go out and buy the game, and you'll have a great time.
having said all of that, I am looking forward to giving Uncharted 2 a go. So I haven't been completely put off, and would suggest this game to any gamer of any level.