5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Rocksmith 2014 Edition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
The 2014 edition of Rocksmith is a vast improvement over the original,
I have been playing guitar now for 2 years , I had been learning to play for about 6 months before I first purchased the first version of Rocksmith and it did help me alot.
I think If I had just bought the first rocksmith with no experience of playing guitar I may of stuggled quite a bit, And as I started using Rocksmith I found on the original some of the fast songs you could get away with quite a few bum notes in places and it appeared rocksmith still thought I had played them correctly.
The analysis of your playing seems to be more accurate on Rocksmith 2014 and there is now more details display on screen for bending stings slides etc, You were in the dark in the original as I don't think it actually show full/half bends etc.
GAMES
The guitarcade in 2014 is far superior than it predecessor also it look like they have given alot more thought into them, and they are more fun although I don't use them that much (they still help with basic techniques)
SONGS
Nice varied range of Music Genres and me being a Rock/Metal fan happy to they have release quite a lot of DLC content I like, Iron Maiden, Alice In Chains , System of A Down..
LESSONS
Wow, there is a lot of lessons in the 2014 edition , and loads of advanced techiques (Double tapping, pinch harmonics... to a name a couple) . And this has spurred me on alot , as some songs that required double tapping for example, I didn't even realise until I watched the lesson. (I acutally thought my god you need 10 finger on each hand and move at the speed of light to accomplish this)
So thats my brief review, Chuffed to bits with it, it has helped me improve alot , I would recomend this only if you stick with your guitar and practice frequently , it's not something you can pick up once a month (you won't get anywhere)

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]