Spiritual Warfare Unveiled! Compelling, Balanced, Real !,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Crushing the Devil: Your Guide to Spiritual Warfare and Victory In Christ (Paperback)
If you are a Christian, you know that spiritual warfare is one of those subjects that commands your attention. Volumes have been written on the topic, much of it unscriptural, worthless and abstract. Crushing the Devil is different! This book delivers on the promise of the cover. If you want a balanced, scriptural, relevant and practical treatment of the subject, read this book.
Here are several reasons why I recommend this guide to spiritual warfare and victory in Christ :
* The content of the book is heavily based in scripture. There are no "off the wall" ideas here. The author makes an effort to interpret scripture with balance and good judgement, instead of fitting scripture into the mould of his own opinion
* This book demystifies the subject and brings it from the realm of the "spooky" into the terrain of reality. You will quickly recognise what spiritual warfare really is and identify the battlefield...and it is not the battlefield often trumpeted by popular teaching
* With the skill of a competent wordsmith, the author weaves a compelling tapestry of true life stories, personal experiences, sublime poetry (there are a few original poems in the volume) and responsible Bible exegesis to drive home his points
* From the onset the book is "full-on" practical application, with every chapter ending in a Food for Reflection, Prayer Features and Action Points section
Crushing the Devil is not a book, it is a guide, a handbook on the subject, and a comprehensive one at that; One to be referred to again and again after your first reading. You cannot fault the author for leaving anything essential out of this volume
* After the first few chapters, you will realise just how well researched and referenced the book is and why it took a lawyer four years to write it
* The author makes provision even for non christians and includes sections for persons who are not of the christian faith. This is one feature on which I wonder, if the book would have been better served by its exclusion.
* There is an epilogue which deals with the present economic crisis and provides a ray of hope in the midst of all the doom and gloom forecasts. This makes inspiring reading , even if it seems like a digression from the main subject.
If I had a wish, it would be that the author included his contact detail, as I am sure a number of readers would want to contact him, following an heightened awareness on the subject.
On the whole, every penny or dollar you spend on this educative and inspiring book will be well worth it and you will be better equipped to crush the devil and assert your victory in Christ. Oh, by the way, have a dictionary handy, you may just learn a few new words like I did!