1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful, 26 July 2011
This review is from: SquareTrade 3-Year TV Warranty Plus Accident Protection (£400-450 Items) (Electronics)
Beware of misleading information given by this company.

They state "The last thing you want when your item breaks down is a cheap refurbished item that is two generations old. If your item breaks and can't be fixed, you will be reimbursed your full item replacement cost". Yet on the key facts PDF document (the small print) they state they may, at their discretion, "Provide a new, rebuilt, or refurbished product of the same or newer model"

They also state that "Reimbursement may be in the form of a cash settlement or a gift card from the merchant from which you bought the insured item." but I was told on the phone the gift card would be from Amazon regardless of where you bought your item from.

Contradictory information here so buyer beware.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 9 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Sep 2011 22:09:15 BDT
Hi Mr. Martini,

We understand your reservation, however let us assure you that we will not provide you with a refurbished product. We're working on changing our policy to reflect the same. We will reimburse you the purchase cost of the T.V. Please feel free to email me at priyahelps(at)squaretrade.com if you have any question.

Regards,
Priya S.,
SquareTrade

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2011 17:39:22 BDT
Mr. C. Mann says:
seems you have been working on the wording for quite some time... finished yet?

Posted on 25 Oct 2011 13:00:54 BDT
A. Buyer. says:
Ok. If you will not provide a refurbished replacement, why say you might. I WONT, be taking up the offer while there is this anomaly .

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2011 10:46:11 GMT
G. Hart says:
im glad I read this. I was going to take it out but now no way.

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 11:40:45 GMT
Hi,

Our current wording reflects a level of choice we provide our customers. We will either repair or provide a cash settlement. Or we could provide a new, rebuilt or refurbished product. In the event of a repair, if you state you do not want under any circumstances a refurbished product, we will pay out cash.
You can contact me directly on spencer@squaretrade.com to discuss further.

Regards,
Spencer,
SquareTrade

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2011 01:01:31 GMT
D. Hodgetts says:
Any chance of getting this statement into the T&Cs ? ""if you state you do not want under any circumstances a refurbished product, we will pay out cash""

Posted on 7 Dec 2011 19:32:31 GMT
SquareTrade says:
We have removed the 'No refurbishment' advert wording from Amazon.co.uk which implies we will never supply a refurbished unit in the event of a claim. We will not be changing our terms however currently when the original unit is being beyond economic repair, we will always pay via cash or Amazon Gift Card.
Please email me to discuss further at spencer@squaretrade.com

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Dec 2011 22:13:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Dec 2011 22:15:50 GMT
J. W. Smith says:
Just put me off it, "at your discretion", ambiguous terms, if you cannot print clearly its no wonder people are suspicious. Do you have a copy of your current terms and conditions that you issue pre-agreement?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jan 2012 16:09:56 GMT
HJ Newman says:
I was thinking of taking out this warranty but having read this, there is no way that I am going to deal with this devious company.

Posted on 13 Jan 2012 19:01:55 GMT
Ian says:
Wow, there does seem to be a lot of hyperbole and overreaction about this product. I'm still more than happy to take the cover, but will email the company in advance and ask for written confirmation that they won't palm me off with a refurb that I don't want. Seems simple enough if it's a warranty you were initially keen on anyway. Seems a silly thing to abandon your decision over.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›