1.0 out of 5 stars Utter s***e, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Varilight Mirror Chrome, LED Dimmer Switch - V-Pro Series, 2 Gang (Single), 1 or 2 Way, 250 Watt (Trailing Edge)
I installed Led lighting throughout my Mum's place and needed to replace her Lounge double dimmer switch with a trailing edge dimmer, this is what I bought and it's a BLOODY NIGHTMARE to use, mind you it looks nice.

I contacted the supplier who sent out a new unit, which I had to pay for, so now I had two (until I returned the original) which was no better, then I had to wait for the refund which was sloooooooow in coming.
I contacted the manufacturer who sent out a new unit with the latest software, once I had that I had to return the now secondary unit which I did. It too played up in so many different ways, the light jumps around and is not smooth in operation, if you tap the knobs lightly the light jumps around, sometimes it operates just like a switch with no dimming capability at all and often comes on at full brightness.

I've had 3 units now and all 3 were the same, I've got a set of programming instructions also because the manufacturer sent them and asked me to reprogram the switches to suit the type of led bulbs in use, no difference.

Now I'm going to buy something else because Mum who is 80+ can't understand how light switches could have become so damned complicated to use and I for one would like my money back.

I am not going to tell you not to buy this product, as, by now you should be old enough to make your own decisions based upon what you have read, and I sincerely hope you are.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]