5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing piece of kit!, 10 April 2008
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner 305 Wrist-Worn GPS Personal Training Device with Heart Rate Monitor (Sports)
I have had my 305 for 2 weeks and what can I write that hasn't already been written? It is my first GPS, and the only one I have tried, but it has already changed the way I plan my training, and how I plan to run races.

I received it for my Birthday two days before a 10k race, and was desperate to try it out on the day. I thought that I would need to train with it first, but the 305 was so easy to set up that I just went for it. I easily configured it up to 'autolap' at every Kilometer, I knew the race I was running wouldn't have markers, and I already had a pace in my mind. It beeped at every k, and I was able to see exactly how I was doing, and how I would most likely finish - just the motivation I needed to up my game for the second half!

Plug it in to your PC/Mac when you get home, and make sure you have the latest Garmin Training Centre software downloaded from their site (the version I got in the box had quite a few bugs). There is also other great free software available to overlay the route you took onto Google maps, so you can marvel at the distance you travelled, at what point you were fastest/slowest, was it on the hill, or on the flat. Basically every single fact about your run is recorded on the 305. The accuracy was just about spot on.

It has really inspired me to vary my training, and push myself harder. The heart rate monitor is also proving to be a useful tool, and the pre-set advanced workouts are great fun (sometimes painful)to try.

I am always showing off to my running mates when I work out something else it can do or tell me, (which is probably a bit annoying) because there is so many different features for use in training and racing. Basically, I can't recommend this highly enough.

[Add comment]