19 of 19 people found the following review helpful
Highly recommended for light to medium use,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Bosch AHS 48 cm Lithium Ion Cordless Hedgecutter (DIY & Tools)
I have about 100m of hedge, mostly privet, so a good trimmer is important to me. I didn't want a petrol model (too noisy and anti-social) or a corded electric model (limited range and risk of cutting the cable) so in the end I bought a Flymo Sabrecut with a lead-acid battery; it was pretty flimsy and broke quickly. I replaced it with this Bosch model which is MUCH better.
- Very quiet in operation, light and easy to handle
- Battery lasts me around an hour of fairly hard use and recharges quickly
- Li-ion battery so it shouldn't lose its capacity over time
- Extremely sharp blades can cope with surprisingly thick and woody stalks (up to 15mm) and instead of 'sticking' the trimmer repeatedly reverses then cuts forward again so it works like a saw - works nicely!
- You need to hold down three different buttons on the handle which is a bit fiddly but does make it safe
- Those buttons are a bit plasticky and I wouldn't be surprised if they are the first thing to break!
Overall I'm very impressed and recommend it as a good buy unless you are trimming a lot of thick branches (>15mm) or for sessions of more than an hour at a time. Good service from Amazon, as always, is another plus.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Feb 2011 20:56:49 GMT
Update after having used this trimmer for a year: It's still working as it did when new and I'm very pleased with it. The slightly fiddly 'having to hold down three buttons to get it to work' is actually an excellent feature as without it I doubt I'd still have enough fingers left to type this review. It really does make the trimmer very safe to use if you're like me and daydream a bit while hedge trimming...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›