5.0 out of 5 stars Anthems, 11 Sep 2010
This review is from: Anthems (Audio CD)
I love this album! my pre-order copy came today and I suppose I could be counted as a 'new' Kerry fan as although I had heard of her before now and thought she was very good, I never appreciated just how good she was until I heard this album.
Track by track:

1. Dangerland- very good start to the album, probably not my favourite, definately anthemic 4/5
2. Anthem- amazing, one of the best songs from chess and with added Brain May guitar, what more could you want! 5/5
3. I can't be your friend- Written by May and Black- incredible 5/5
4. Defying gravity- I don't think I need to say more than wow for this- 5/5
5. I'm not that girl- more rocky than it is in the musical, but this way it fits in more with the album, I like the song, but not as much as defying gravity 4/5
6. You have to be there- I have never heard this song before which is from a swedish musical written by Benny and Bjorn of ABBA - this may become another favourite 5/5
7. Love it when you call- My favourite song from 'The Feeling' and kerry does it justice and them some, great harmonies- 5/5
8. save me- cover of Queen song 3.5/5
9. Diamonds are forever- again another amazing version of a classic, kerry has a unique style and never sounds as though she is trying to copy anyone- not that she needs to, very atmospheric- 5/5
10. No one but you- this is by far the best song of the album, sounds as though this was written for her it suits her so well - 5/5
11 I loved a butterfly- more chilled end to the album 4/5

This album should do well, it deserves to as it fits so well with her voice and style, there is no filler and not a bad song on it!Buy this, you will not regret it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Sep 2010 22:35:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Sep 2010 22:39:17 BDT
J. M. Gaden says:
'I Loved A Butterfly' is a re-working of 'Some Things That Glitter' from the Queen And Paul Rodgers 'Cosmos Rocks album and 'No-One But You' is also a Queen song, written by Brian for the Queen Rocks compilation and sung by Brian and Roger Taylor. When Brian heard Kerry sing it in 'We Will Rock You' he said her version was special!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2010 12:23:10 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Nov 2010 12:23:38 GMT
Mark Gordon says:
I saw the version of "I Loved a Butterfly" on YouTube. My gosh, IT IS SPECIAL. CD ordered.

Posted on 30 Nov 2010 15:55:53 GMT
Anthem is the top track.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (54 customer reviews)

Reviewer