5.0 out of 5 stars A Mouse Which Had Initial Issues, Which Have Now Been Resolved, As a Consequence of Excellent Customer Support, 15 May 2014
This review is from: AnkerŪ 8200 DPI High Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse for PC, 9 Programmable Buttons, Weight Tuning Cartridges, Omron Micro (Personal Computers)
The mouse is appropriately responsive for my purposes, which require precise on screen positioning and manipulation, but are not games related.

It is ergonomically well-conceived and although it is of lightweight construction, it appears to be well made.

Personally I would have rated it a five star acquisition, but for the fact that I (and others who have also tried) have found it impossible to open the compartment which allows the weights, which are included with the mouse, to be positioned within the mouse.

Without these weights it is extremely lightweight (especially in contrast with my previous mouse, which was a Corsair, with aluminium in its structure).

Although I am still able to use the mouse for my purposes, I would have valued the additional weightiness that the weights would have facilitated.

I suspect that this is a problem with my particular mouse, as other users have not mentioned this issue.

Consequently for those who do not experience this problem, it is potentially a viable purchase and has a lot to offer.

18th May 2014: Following my publication of the above review, Anker Customer Support got in touch with me the same day and offered to forward a replacement. It was sent by priority mail and was delivered on a Sunday. The replacement mouse is now operating to its true level of capability and is an excellent mouse for my personal purposes. I have therefore now uprated my original star rating from three to five.

As an Amazon Customer and regular reviewer, I have found that it has been rare for manufacturers to express direct concern about purchasers' negative experiences with their products and it really is to Anker's credit that they take such positive steps to ensure that their customers are happy with their products.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 May 2014 02:29:57 BDT
ANKER says:
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking time to leave the review and letting us know the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please contact us directly via support@ianker.com for a replacement as you might have received a faulty one?

-AnkerDirect
1-800-988-7973
support@ianker.com
Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm(pst)

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2014 16:13:57 BDT
As a consequence of your considerate intervention, I have now been provided with a mouse, which is now operating to its true level of capability. It also arrived very quickly indeed (and was delivered on a Sunday).
I have also uprated my original rating to five star, which is a reflection both of the quality of the mouse and the excellent customer support of your company.
Many thanks and much appreciated.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›