1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
On balance a waste of money for VFR flying.,
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: X-Plane VFR Scenery - Volume 3: North Wales, West Midlands and North-West England (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)Having installed this and got it working I make the following observations:
1. Cities no longer exist. Manchester is a flooded crater and Liverpool a brown blot. There is no perspective of height as shown on the box. Close inspection using the flight recorder reveals the buildings have been inclined; they seem to be leaning out of true. When flying you cannot make them out. At VFR flight levels they do not stand out as shown on the box. I am using the TOP SETTINGS on x-plane; speed and response are fine except at very high speeds when it gets a bit slushy i.e. mac 2 at FL400.
2. Runways are unusable if they are not perfectly flat. The Manchester 'lump' will crash any attempt to take off.BUT, this can be reset in the depths of rendering.
3. No airports exist, just runways.
4. Motorways and roads seem accurate so far, they do however suffer severe valleys and hills! Again this seems to improve with the rendering options.
5. Buildings and VRP's are unrecognizable - see point 1.
6. X-Plane maps will no longer display coastlines , are unstable, and will crash the system on most occasions. I'm running a mac pro with 10Gb of ram. Perhaps I need more memory?
7. Forget any other scenery add-ons. VFR will ignore them. Also, being Visual Flying Rules you see NOTHING in the dark other than the runway lights.
8. Timings and tracks between runways seem OK so far. Just as before paying money for VFR.
9. There is NO support. The web site is very poor. If you click the support button you end up with the web host!!!! Email addresses on the site are bogus and will get bounced. If you ring you get an answer and another email address. OK but still no reply. Have given up.
Entertaining visually, it still allows point to point navigation, but adds no visual fixes worth mentioning. Pity, the box looks good!
As a later addition, the makers have emailed back. The problems remain unresolved.