5.0 out of 5 stars There Can Be Only One..., 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Hungarian Rhapsody (Audio CD)
I pre-ordered the dvd + 2 cd version on Amazon a week before release, but Amazon was unable to deliver anywhere near the release date of 5th Sept '12. I was informed of this by an email from Amazon, which I am grateful for, so I bought the item from HMV on it's release date for a few quid less at £20!
I have been a fan of Queen for nearly 30 years now and this concert has always been my favorite of the official releases. The band gave their all in Budapest and the recording is far superior to Live At Wembley in my opinion. For me, it was great news that this concert was to receive the 5.1 treatment.
Ok, being a Queen fan, I'm bound to say that Freddie Mercury was the greatest singer/songwriter/performer that ever lived, but... HE WAS! And he certainly proves it here..
As for what you get in this dvd 'deluxe' package.. The original Budapest VHS concert release on dvd, but this time crystal clear and sounding superb with 5.1 surround. It is still edited like the original VHS release because some muppet lost the cuttings.. However, the 2 cd's are, I think, the whole concert recording. For me this was a surprise. There's a lot of Queen and Freddie on the discs that I had never heard before. To be honest, the cd's are the real jewel in the crown for Hungarian Rhapsody so I would recommend buying the dvd + cd version. I cannot comment about the Blu-Ray release, but I'm more than happy with the dvd...!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Nov 2012 14:08:10 GMT
Apparently the Slane concert in Ireland from the same tour was supposed to have been recorded too, but 'some muppet' (as you rightly put it) tripped over a cable so there was picture but no sound. Pity. A compilation concert/documentary DVD of their final tour would be kind of cool.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 15:22:19 GMT
Graham says:
Never knew that!...I was at the Slane show and I'd have loved to see that on a DVD....by the way there were plenty of muppets in attendance on the day for the beer and not the music, I suspect one of them were to blame if tripping did result in the release being abandoned although I suspect the fact that some drunk members of the crowd hurling plastic bottles stageward throughout the performance trying to hit Freddie as he spun his Magic is the more likely reason and its not something that you'd want to advertise or promote your band with.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (16 customer reviews)

Reviewer