3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best hypnosis CD on the market, 26 April 2011
This review is from: The IVF Companion: Hypnosis Has Been Clinically Proven to Double Your Chance of Successful IVF: A Self Hypnosis Programme to Help You Be More Relaxed Positive and Prepared (Audio CD)
I found the woman's voice on the CD a bit irritating and the effect was not as relaxing as other hypnosis CDs I have used. Having used Paul Mackenna's in the past he can drop me into a very relaxed state very quickly with this CD I found myself very conscious and not as open to suggestion. Obviously we are all different but this was purely my experience.
...the 3..2...1.. relax mantra does work after about 4 uses but I'm not sure if I would recommend this to a friend... also "the needle going in causes a tingling sensation" section just doesn't soothe me at all but perhaps I just don't want to think about needles and more the positivity aspect of why I am doing it so maybe for me I need a CD that is reminds you of the end result and simply focuses on the invasive procedure? all in all there aren't a great many CDs out there for this process except Zita West's which I haven't experienced yet.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Jun 2011 18:39:59 BDT
Mistinguette says:
I wanted to purchase this CD but after your comment I think I'd rather not.
I've got the CD from Zita West and I don't really like it for the same reason that you don't like the one from Maggie Howell.
On track 4 'relaxation for the 2 week-wait' she says ' there is no doubt this it is the HARDEST time for women, the emotional highs and lows whether you feel the treatment has been a success or not can be VERY VERY stressful' Well thank you very much for reminding me of that especially when I just bought your CD to help me to think positive and relax!! :)
Furthermore I think it is very pricey (15.25) especially after you realise that there is a lot of a relaxing music on each track and that she doesn't talk that much.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2012 19:52:12 GMT
Try The IVF Belief CD instead. There is very little pure music on it, it's mostly talking, there is no dwelling on anything hard or difficult and there is lots of good feedback on it.

Posted on 18 Feb 2013 13:10:30 GMT
Morticia says:
Yes, I found her voice extremely irritating too.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›