3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound ... but not that comfortable - and probably home wear only!, 9 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Creative Sound Blaster Evo Wireless Bluetooth NFC Gaming Headset with USB and 3.5 mm Analogue Connection (PS4 / PC / MAC / Smart devices) (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a fantastic pair of Philips in-ear phones Philips SHE9000/10 In-Ear Headphones - Black which I love that much I tend to use for everything. There is a (possibly nonsense) adage though that you shouldn't repeatedly unplug ear phones; damages the connections in the devices and phones apparently - anyway, this in mind I felt wireless might be a good solution when offered the chance to try these out.

Yes - to some degree - its pretty cool being able to switch "seamlessly" from PC to smart phone etc... but the negatives, which I'll get into, were enough that these have basically ended up connected by USB to my PC all the time and used for short periods only.

Positives first; they're lighter than I anticipated; the styling is very nice, and they are extremely high quality. They're plug & play simple (relatively!) and have all controls on one ear cup which becomes fairly easy to use when you're used to knowing where the buttons are.
And they fold small for transport. Oh and the cable connecting them is HUUUUGE, so you're not hunched over while listening - and its compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S3 so comes in very handy!
Also one charge lasts about 8 hours, which is plenty for any time Ive used them.

The sound though has to be the star when it comes to earphones - and I have to say yeah its very good; rich, deep and "echoey" in such a way as to replicate a very good effect of 3D sound. They handle a range of music genres fairly well (though certainly the sound doesn't blow away my Philips ones which, incidentally, are a tenth of the price!!) You can however manipulate the EQ if you wish(using the software you download for it) if you find they don't work perfectly on default for your music choice.
The best thing about the sound-performance though is that the cups do block out background noise brilliantly.

Negatives; To start, the Bluetooth set up is frustrating and took a lot of repeat trial and error, and for smart phones you need to download an app; not a big deal, but it means you have to activate the app to use them on your phone, which uses up more battery, shortening your listening time.
The most irritating negative for me is the software which, on my PC, has somehow installed a faulty pop-up that keeps asking me to register every time I turn on my PC - when I close it, it just reopens. Endlessly! I had to resort to disabling it on startup, because you cant uninstall it or they don't work.
They get HORRIBLY warm and "stuffy" over the ears, and I found my ears got very uncomfortable after about 20 minutes wear. Uncomfortable to the extent that I cant keep them on for say, the duration of a movie.
The headband has to be placed just so, otherwise it slides off your head - and after about 30 minutes of listening when you take them off your head feels like its been trapped in a vice!
Because of the head band slipping, despite being adjusted, and the sweaty clammy ear cups, I cant wear these for more than half an hour a time.
The volume is in a fiddly position, which you do get used to, but I often just had to take them off to change the volume.
And finally, because they slip so easily and readily - I wouldn't recommend wearing them while moving around. Which put paid to my ambitions of using them while exercising in place of my in-ear wired ones

So basically - the sound is good, but the execution is average. I'll stick to my in-ear ones for now.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]