5.0 out of 5 stars How to make a grown man cry, 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Voyages of the Princess Matilda (Paperback)
First of all I must point out that I don't normally buy books as I use my local library but after watching the BBC4 programme of Mr and Mrs Spall going around via the sea of Great Britain in their Dutch barge The Princess Matilda I had to have my own copy.

Things to remember when reading this book are things you will need,a box of tissue's and a partner who will not keep telling you to shut up when your laughing out loud or crying into the tisseue's.

I'm a 69 year old ex Army Sergeant and railway ganger and tough as old boots but when reading about Tim's illness I found I was filling up like a teenage girl after the pop star got married but not to her!

This was a roller coaster of a ride with Shane and Tim at sea and on land, this book could also be used as a travellers guide of english seaside towns.

Shane shows what a strong partner can do to help her man in times of illness with her love and strength and Tim's for her,they are an example to us all.

I not going into the voyage as you will want to share the adventure for the first time yourself in this delightful book about the two exceptional english people that went to sea with just a road map.

It's said that Tim is a National Treasure, I disagree. they both are! if this is not the plot for a film about the english at play I don't know what is.

I will close this by saying NO! you can't borrow mine as I will be reading it time and time again. When the DVD of their adventures is on sale I will be the first in the queue.

You must buy this for your holiday reading abroad to remind you why this is the best country in the world.

My marks out of ten? eleven!

[Add comment]