5.0 out of 5 stars Near CRT Quality in LCD flat panel - A Rare Thing!, 26 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Dell 2007FP Ultrasharp 20.1 - inch Dual Tone Flat Panel Monitor (Electronics)
As a professional photographer and 2D graphics exponent, I have always stuck rock solid to the classic high-end professional 22" CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) monitors, renowned for their ultimate graphics quality. I have tried LCD and even LED flat panels but have always been hugely disappointed, their performance falling far short of that of the professional CRT models. This has worried me considerably now for some time as it is becoming increasingly difficult to find 'perfect' used examples of such models and I could see the day coming when my last CRT would fail and I would find it impossible to replace. They are becoming a truly rare item now and I'm sure, will soon be just like the poor old Dodo....Extinct! I have recently purchased a DELL 2007FP Ultrasharp 20" flat panel LCD monitor and I'm delighted. It is so close to my professional 22" CRT's (20" viewable area) in performance and quality that I am very happy now to know that never again will I have to go on a CRT hunt. Brilliant! Very highly recommended.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Jan 2011 23:56:50 GMT
Mr. A. Jawed says:
I know exactly where you are coming from. I thought i was going mad, when i saw that i couldn't buy a new CRT anymore, and have to pay more for an inferior LCD. Not just in the computer monitors, but looking at TV's these days its the same thing. If you're sure that this monitor above can match CRT standard I'll buy one myself.
At the moment I'm hugely dissapointed with an LG monitor i just brought. Its a 22" widescreen but the picture quality is appalling. Cannot see the difference in dark blue/black text. Really upset having replaced my old CRT which lasted a good 10 years. Miss my old CRT!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2011 16:48:15 GMT
I'm sure you'll be very pleased with this monitor if you buy it. In my opinion - and my partner's, who has around 47 years experience in photography and has worked digital almost since it's beginnings - this is probably the best LCD you can buy for Photoshop editing and illustration, for under £2,000. It really is a very, very nice monitor indeed.

Posted on 8 Feb 2011 17:25:53 GMT
Very glad to have these favourable reports of the Dell 2007FP Ultrasharp 20.12 Monitor.

But I have a question: How is it for displaying TEXT? I work entirely in text, doing word-processing, html coding,m XML/TEI-encoding, etc. I bought an HP 21" widescreen monitor recently, and found (a) it wouldn't give me the resolution I require, (b) the text was "stretched" left-to-right maddeningly. I returned it. Will the Dell give me the resolution and ratio aspect that I need for close and detailed text work?

Any advice will be welcome.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2011 20:47:37 GMT
At 1600x1200 native resolution and of course, being standard 4:3 format ratio, I would be very surprised if you were to be unhappy with this monitor for text. It compares very favourably indeed with 'top-of-the-range' professional 21" and 22" CRT monitors and in my opinion, is better than many of these for text display. Personally, I haven't yet found any satisfactory widescreen monitor for less than £2000 and this, really is, in my opinion, a first rate performer. I am pretty certain you will be very pleased with it if you go ahead and buy one.

I hope this is of further assistance to you.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Oct 2011 14:21:03 BDT
Are you still happy with this monitor? I am a professional photographer working in a confined space and trying to find a decent smallish monitor to replace my crt is a nightmare, so I'm very interested in this one

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Oct 2011 19:03:22 BDT
Mr. A. Jawed says:
Hi,

I took Angela's advice and purchased one. I am now reading and replying to your post through it :) It's a very good monitor in my opinion and am glad to have got good advice of Angela. Although nothing out there under £2k will be able to match your old CRT quality, the Dell comes pretty close.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2011 00:13:59 BDT
Hi, yes I am still very pleased with the monitor....in fact, I have just yesterday purchased another identical one!

I have also recommended this monitor to a couple of friends, one of whom is a photographer, the other a web designer/photographer, both are extremely pleased with their purchases.

In my view, and as now supported by my two friends, this is easily the best you can get without spending well in excess of £1000 to considerably more. I find it to be as close to the quality of a truly top flight 21" or 22" professional CRT as it's possible to get which, is particularly impressive at this price point.

I hope this helps you make the right decision and wish you luck in finding a good one.

Best wishes,
Angela

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2011 09:27:40 BDT
Hi Angela,
Many thanks for your reply. I have been reading many - what to look for in monitors and it's just mind boggling. So your comments help a lot.
peter

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2011 09:29:00 BDT
Hi,
Many thanks for your comments. I've taken it all on board.

Peter

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2011 14:03:30 BDT
Hi Peter, thank you for your kind comments. I just hope they do actually help you.

If it's any further help to you, my partner David has been involved in photography for over 47 years and he too had recently been persuaded to buy one of these Dell UltraSharp 2007FP monitors. He is just 'so' critical of everything he buys or uses, if it satisfies him, it's really is an achievement!

Very best wishes,
Angela
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (7 customer reviews)

Used & New from: £750.00