2.0 out of 5 stars Regurgitation if ever I've seen it..., 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4) (Hardcover)
To put it bluntly, we've heard it all before. Throughout the whole book I felt like I'd already read it. The same pattern follows time after time after time in all of the Langdon books:
Langdon discovers an unexplainable object/piece of information-----him and his new found partner (whoever it may be that is conveniently a well connected and resourceful genius) run to an ancient city, not really knowing where they need to be in the hope of evading the various assassins/authorities that are after him (not sure how I would fare up trying to escape an armed assassin AS WELL AS an SAS team after waking up with a bullet wound and amnesia, Langdon is obviously a better person than I!).......Whilst on the run Langdon has a sudden epiphany of where he needs to be and what the clue means......They get there.....New clue.....new method of escape.....new epiphany. And so the cycle continues through every single one of the 462 pages.

Despite the repetitiveness I was enjoying the story until I reached an incredibly disappointing and not very well thought out ending. Should have stopped at Angels and Demons, and at the very least, The Lost Symbol.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Apr 2014 00:38:47 BDT
Warrior says:
Honestly this person does NOT know what she is talking about. I have several book series that I enjoy, Dan brown is one of them! I appreciate the fact he takes time to research his subject before he writes his nooks - something you could emulate Miss Bell - Put your brain into gear BEFORE you write a comment.

You may say that I have not doe so myself, at the moment I am reading Dan Brown's "Lost Symbol" again and find it honestly refreshing. In case you are wondering how many books I have, the cover values exceed £1.000! I know what books I like, as I am sure you do. so why are you panning this book?

If anything, you should not even have bought "Angels and Demons"!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2014 10:05:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Apr 2014 10:33:26 BDT
Miss A. Bell says:
I'm glad you're enjoying the book, however I didn't and I believe I'm entitled to my opinion, am I not?

I don't really understand why you've got your knickers into such a big twist over my review, I didn't enjoy the book, therefore I wrote a bad review. News flash, that is how reviews work. Have you sent slating, nasty comments on the other hundreds and hundreds of people who wrote a 'Terrible/Poor' review who am I the only one that has had the privilege?

I do know what I'm talking about as I have read the book and didn't enjoy it; I am merely expressing my views on it therefore I am the only one who knows what I'm talking about, surely?

I actually wasn't wondering how many book you own, but you seem to have told me anyway so congratulations on owning so many books. I also read a lot and have a vast collection. I have also enjoyed many series of books. The reason I didn't mention this in my initial review is because it is totally irrevelant to whether I enjoyed 'Inferno' or not, you clearly think that your boasting adds to your credit as a reviewer.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›