4.0 out of 5 stars Do a pre-run first to get frustration outta the way!, 26 Nov. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hitman Absolution (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
What can I say but what a rollercoaster before even getting the game...

When I first heard of this being made back in 2011 I was excited beyond belief! I came on here and pre-ordered straight away looking at the 2012 release date hoping that the Mayans were just interrupted by the Spanish and not some doomsday predicting race... (Still hoping that tbh)

I think in March I looked the game up on wiki to have a gander at the cast etc and saw that David Bateson wasn't going to be voice acting 47... and that they had changed a load of game play aspects like adding 'instinct'... to find this upset me greatly, I logged on Amazon and cancelled my pre-order with a tear in my eye.

Around April (I think) friend of mine emailed me a link to the 'run for your life' trailer... this piqued my interest again, plus the fact he told me David was back! So of course I went to the website and read all the stories, a group of beautiful people made a petition to get him back, why I never thought of it I will never know, but bravo! Anyway I pre-ordered it again in great anticipation! (Think I actually wiki'd Mayans at this point)

I found a steam code in an email to the sniper game in august, I think I actually jumped for joy at this point and started playing it to see what it was like and maybe get a feel for the game. The sniper game is brilliant, the graphics incredible and shooting the ninja off a building is fun, I always do it even though you don't need to after the first time. Managed to get 4 bodyguards with a single shot at 1 point too... still chuffed with it to this date.

Anyway to the game!

It's brilliant... just brilliant! The issues that are there, are solved by other things and it's got a much better plot now. The levels are small but plenty, there's not really a save function but you dont really need one due to short levels and you start every level with a really loud gun and only this gun... but then again if your going for a high rank then use the fiberwire or try not to kill anyone... it's just there to give you a fighting chance if you are found out.

The point system really aggrovated me at first, it makes you want to restart a lot when you mess up due to the large amount of stuff you can be maked badly for... After the first few levels I was getting annoyed as you can't explore and not get noticed, so I broke the habit of being cautious and now on my first run kill everyone and have a wander round, see what there is about, complete some of the challenges, plan a route and then do everything in the next go without changing from your suit or killing anyone but the target. It's great fun! Get the frustration out of the way then be cool and calm and feel like a professional. Can't go wrong!

The best thing about this game is that the 'point shooting' doesn't make you invincible like in splinter cell or red dead redemption where this has been done before, only really give you an advantage if no-one has noticed you which I find challenging and fun. (plus you dont have to use it... I know I don't!)

To finish off, I'm loving this game, I'm taking my time with each level and I'm yet to try the contracts part out, but seems like it can be fun. Hope this review helps as it is my longest and most detailed to date. Hopefully it can show you how much I love this game and recommend it to you!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Dec 2012 14:50:51 GMT
Charlie says:
When you first discovered David Bateson was not in it, were you drinking a mug of PG Tips? (Pyramid bags)

Later, almost a year later when your friend emailed a link to 'Run For Your Life', were you drinking a mug of PG Tips? (Pyramid bags)

When you jumped for joy after finding a Steam code to the Sniper Game in an email, was there a mugful of PG Tips jiggling around in your tummy?

Did you get indigestion?

As you can see Mr G.Hamilton when writing your life story, you jumped to your review of the game far too prematurely. It has necessitated the asking of important questions. The review of the game is good by the way and it has prompted me to buy it for my nephew for a Christmas gift, he may come here to thank you for inspiring me, I dunno.

Anyway, I need to get on now with the rest of my life, starting with a mug of PG Tips. It's in the taste ...

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2012 12:27:32 GMT
Tetley tea actually and no indigestion luckily.

I'm glad I inspired you and I hope your nephew enjoys the game as much as I do!

Have a good life and enjoy your tea!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›