Headphones for the fashion conscious,
This review is from: Philips Foldie On Ear CitiScape Headband Headphones - Green/Brown (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
From the turquoise earpieces to the tan leather headband and earpads, through the fabric covered cable, these headphones are definitely aimed at the fashion conscious. They stand out and look good - if thats your thing. Not quite mine, but my daughter will love them.
On initial listening I was happy enough with the sound, but after playing around with the EQ settings on my ipod it became clear that there wasnt much bass or treble. This was confirmed when I tried another pair of headphones (Not high quality ones either KitSound KSDJ DJ Headphones) - which were far more responsive. The sound isnt bad, its clear and nice enough, but no great warmth, or sense of space. I finished off an audiobook and listened to a couple of podcasts and they were fine for that.
The cable also has a mic built in for use with phones and a button to enable calls to be answered. I keep my phones simple, so this feature wasnt testable for me!
- Well constructed - the cable disconnects from the headphones, thus preventing (hopefully) it getting yanked an dwrecking hte whole thing. Also if the cable gets damaged, it can be replaced rather than losing the headphones.
- Can be used in conjunction with smartphones.
- Sound lacks warmth, bass, and space.
- Pricey, given the 'adequate' sound quality.
- sound leaks out - so not great for listening in a room with other people.
Seem to be designed more for looks than sound. That said, if you want a nice pair of headphones, and arent massively bothered about the sound quality, or if you listen to the spoken word more than music, or watch films on your ipad, or programmes on iplpayer - these will likely hit the spot.