1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
"It's smashed beyond repair, what are you gonna do with it?" "What else? Sell it on eBay as slightly used.",
This review is from: The Big Bang Theory - Season 1 [DVD]  (DVD)
Ahh, The Big Bang Theory, where do I begin?
First off, I hate most sitcoms. I find Friends repetitive and Chuck just irritates me beyond belief.
But this is something else.
Interestingly, I came across the Big Bang Theory on a flight home from Sydney to Heathrow. It was the first episode of season two. Amazed at how funny it was, I bought the whole of season 1 and watched it all in one day. It's freaking hilarious for five simple reasons:
1) Sheldon Cooper, one of the leads, is extemely intelligent but lacks basic social skills. He is quite horrible to people without realising and only Leonard, his roommate, can put up with him.
2) The banter between Sheldon and Penny. This should come under point 1), but the banter is so funny that it merits its own category. Penny, a waitress, never understands what Sheldon is talking about, so Sheldon patronises her all the time making fun of her supposedly limited intellect. This annoys Leonard because he really fancies Penny.
3) The intelligent jokes told. The jokes aren't like jokes in other sitcoms, you have to know a certain amount of Maths / Physics to know some jokes.
4) Rajesh Cuthrapali and Howard Wolowitz. An Indian who is terrified of women and can't speak around them and a horny Jew who lives with his mother.
5) All the little characters that come in. Missy, Sheldon's attractive twin sister, Sheldon's mum, Howard's never seen but heard mum, Rajesh's parents on his webcam, Leslie Winkle and the owner of the Chinese restaurant are just a few extra characters that make the sitcom ten times funnier.
I have pre-ordered season two because I love The Big Bang Theory so much.
Just to summarise, watch an episode on Youtube or something if you haven't seen it yet, and if you like it buy it because you're missing out!