20 of 21 people found the following review helpful
10/10 Best Open World. Maybe Best Game Ever.,
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
I was apprehensive to get this, I'd never got FC before. Honestly I'm so glad I did though, it's completely captivated me. It's without a doubt the best open world FPS out there and in my top 5 games ever!
Graphics are nice, but limited by current console hardware. The world is only rendered within a 1/2 mile radius of your character, the rest and the background is blurry.
Other than that, it's just stunning. There's simply SO much to do!
- The story is brilliant so far and I've never played such a large single player game that remains so addictive! (Unlike GTA which gets boring after a while)
- hunting and gathering in different areas for different things (pigs one area, komodo dragons another)around the island to create different items (e.g. Larger ammo or gun holster) is simply genius, creating so many of your own mini quests to go and get 3 boar hides or 2 shark skins to get that extra gun slot you want.
- then there's all the small side quests throughout the island. E.g. Races, supply drops, mercenary hitman missions etc etc.
- The map is HUGE and is revealed by climbing and activating radio towers dotted around the map. Similar to Assassin Creed's eagle viewpoints.
- the most fun for me so far is the pirate bases. These are enemy base camps that vary in size and population. You stake them out and plan your attack. You can do it stealthy and challenge yourself not to alert anyone, or go in guns blazing, explosions everywhere!
Each camp has an alarm that can be activated by the pirates if the s*** hits the fan, then more pirates will arrive. I personally LOVE the challenge of planning a stealthy attack. And each camp is designed uniquely with this gameplay in mind.
Once you take a base, it be becomes your base to buy guns from, fast track to etc..
A LOT of fun, and there are over 30 of them!
Even after all of that there's still co-op and multiplayer to explore. Not to mention the awesome map editor, allowing your own imagination to go wild and create whatever you want.
Truly amazing game, the environment is just awesome, with so many hilarious adventures to have. A must buy for anyone looking for an open, content rich game with hundreds hours gameplay. The hours literally fly by in no time while playing, there's simply so much fun to be had! Buy it!
P.s. I got my copy for only £16 off eBay 2nd hand! There's lots of cheap copy's going from people that have finished the game. However, make sure you buy one with an online code that has NOT been activated. Otherwise you will have to buy a new code if you wish to access online multiplayer or co-op. (unless SP is all you're interested in)